Reinstalling/repairing libraries

Options
kenzylafrance
kenzylafrance Member Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2022 in Native Access

Hello everybody, I hope all is well. I have an issue...

It seems that my external SSD hard drive isn't fully cooperating with Native Access or vice versa. To elaborate, all of my libraries have the orange exclamation point next to them. When I reinstall the libraries to my external SSD hard drive, I get the message stating they were successfully installed; however, the exclamation point still appears inferring that the libraries weren't installed successfully. I then "relocate" the libraries although I'm just locating where the libraries currently are which is in my hard drive, so this doesn't work either. I know this because when I open Kontakt 6 on Logic all the libraries state I have to locate them manually. Although I'm able to manually connect the libraries in Logic, I have to do this every time which I don't want to do, I just want to ensure that all libraries have been installed with no exclamation points seen. Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• kenzylafrance
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nevermind, I figured out the solution. The name of my drive was apparently the issue, so I just renamed my hard drive to something else and then updated it as my content location.

Answers

• kenzylafrance
    Options

Another note I should make that I just realized: under content location, I changed the location to my HD External drive which is named WD HDD; Native Instruments named it as that. When I changed the content location back to my external SSD drive which is named SanDisk SSD, Native Access names it as SanDisk SSD 1 instead, so I don't know if that has to do anything with it.

• kenzylafrance
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nevermind, I figured out the solution. The name of my drive was apparently the issue, so I just renamed my hard drive to something else and then updated it as my content location.

• RemcoLux
    RemcoLux Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello, I also have this problem and I have more than 50 instruments on my external SSD volume that don't work with Native Acccess 3.4.0 on my Mac Ventura 13.4.

Renaming the volume didn't work for me unfortunately.

The external SSD volume is called: Remco-4TBSSD-01

It's an APFS Volume • APFS (Case-sensitive).

When I try to relocate an instrument, I see that the new path is shown like this:

/Volumes/Remco-4TBSSD-01 1

And the orange exclamation point remains.

In Kontakt 6 I can relocate the libraries as described by kenzylafrance, but I also have to redo this every time.

This suddenly happened when I was downloading some new Komplete 14 instruments. I bought the upgrade two weaks ago and still can't use them. Installing on my local drive works but I'm out of capacity.

When moving a downloaded instrument to my external SSD, and after relocating, the orange exclamation point remains.

When downloading and installing an instrument onto my external SSD directly, the orange exclamation point appears. Also when reinstalling.

Before, everything was working fine on my external SSD. A bunch of other instruments (no Kontakt instruments) from other vendors like UVI and EastWest work without any problem.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks

• RemcoLux
    Options

Hello again,

I changed the volume name to something more simple : 4TBSSD01. The mount point is /Volumes/4TBSSD01

But unfortunately, this didn't help. Here is a video.

• RemcoLux
    Options

I tried relocating an instrument on my local volume and this works, however this is not a good solution because I run out of capacity on my local drive. Here is the video.

I'm afraid it has something to do with the new version of Native Acccess 3.4.0 because I never had this problem before.

Pleae help, I'm stuck and I can't work 😓.

Regards