Sounds go from working to mute

Options
bluesfortwo
bluesfortwo Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

Anyone experienced this?

When a preset is initially double clicked on, the sound plays my midi out completely. However, once exiting the GUI or even clicking outside of it, it goes mute. It also bounces the midi to audio totally blank. The only way I can hear the audio of my midi and the plugin again is by re-clicking the preset name.

I'm using Kontakt 7, Mac 13.3.1, and Logic Pro

My support ticket -3903269- has gone unanswered for over a week.

Thanks in advance :)

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'll post the solution here, I hope it's ok for you @bluesfortwo, it could be useful for other users:

Logic is sending a command to the volume or to one of the other knobs mapped in Kontakt such as Color inside Noire.

Close all Audio Apps

Open the Finder

Click on "Go" while holding down the alt/option key

Select "Library" from the drop down

Navigate further to: ~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol

Delete the file: NativeMap.json

Open Logic

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,609 Expert
    Options

What is not clear in your post is what DAW you are using and also, when you say you click a preset the sound plays, but are you using Komplete Kontrol and single clicking the file to hear the preview? You would then need to double-click the preset to actually load it since a single click is simply selecting it and playing a small sound preview.

By the sound of it you are not actually loading the preset file.

• bluesfortwo
    Options

Sorry, yeah true super unclear. I am actually double clicking, not single clicking. The sound is fully selected and is playing my midi then the rest of what I explained happens. I'm using logic pro.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@bluesfortwo It's still a bit unclear. Can you describe step by step what happens? Even maybe do a short video? That would also be helpful to include a clearer explanation and/or a video to my colleagues. They should get back to you as soon as possible.

• bluesfortwo
    Options

I included this video in my support ticket...I had to put it in a word document for you as I couldn't find a video format supported for attachment here. You just have to double click the image in the word doc twice to play the video.

Basically you can see that I've chosen a sound. It plays my midi successfully, but then upon clicking the spacebar to pause and restart the playback (or clicking outside of the GUI), it goes totally mute. In other words, the only way the sound will continue to play normally is if I don't press pause or click anywhere outside of the GUI.

If I do, it goes mute and will bounce blank.

*It should be mentioned that this applies to every sound library within Komplete*

At the end of the video I show that once I go click the preset again, it will resume. However, obviously this isn't normal or and or sustainable once you've made tweaks to a preset.

I haven't been using using Komplete Kontrol for 2 weeks because I'm confronted by this glitch constantly.

Thanks in advance Jeremy!

• bluesfortwo
    Options

You likely have to duplicate the document so it's in edit mode instead of read only (then you can double click to play it) That's my bad...Not used to having to jump through so many hoops to attach a video.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@bluesfortwo Well, if you uploaded the video somewhere you could just share the link. The problem seems to be too complex and system specific to be handled here anyway so good that you shared the video with my colleagues, hopefully they can help out identifying the issue.

• bluesfortwo
    Options

True, didn't think of that. Here it is if you're curious...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk9jfd56x2y5rc1/Kontakt%20support%20vid.mov?dl=0

I just got a response from your colleagues, but I appreciate your help!

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'll post the solution here, I hope it's ok for you @bluesfortwo, it could be useful for other users:

Logic is sending a command to the volume or to one of the other knobs mapped in Kontakt such as Color inside Noire.

Close all Audio Apps

Open the Finder

Click on "Go" while holding down the alt/option key

Select "Library" from the drop down

Navigate further to: ~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol

Delete the file: NativeMap.json

Open Logic