Change Velocity on KK S61 Mk.1

iluvchiclets
iluvchiclets Member Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi everyone,

I have both a Mk.1 and Mk.2 S series keyboard. My Mk.1 hasn't been used in years after upgrading to the Mk.2 keyboard.

I recently bought a synth module, and decided to use the S62 Mk.1 to control it via MIDI. Do any users know if it's possible to change the velocity of the S61 Mk.1 when not using Komplete Kontrol? When I use the NI Controller Editor program to access the velocity scales, I can visually change them but when I unplug the USB (and control my module via MIDI) nothing has changed. I will assume the S61 in "standalone" mode has a default velocity setting.

Any ideas how to change this standalone velocity setting? (i.e. not using keyboard within Komplete Kontrol software)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• iluvchiclets
    Answer ✓

** I found the answer to my question:

When switching to stand-alone operation, the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboard loads the assignments made in the Default Template set up in Controller Editor.

You can change any assignments in the default 'Template 1' in the Templates pane of the Inspector. Then, while the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboard is connected:

1. Right-click the Template 1 entry (Ctrl-click on Mac OS X).

2. In the context menu which opens, select Set as Standalone Default.

Setting a new Standalone Default Template.

1. In the dialog window that opens, confirm that you want to overwrite the current Standalone Default Template. 2. Disconnect the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboard from your computer. → Your updated Standalone Default Template is loaded. 

Answers

• iluvchiclets
    Answer ✓

** I found the answer to my question:

When switching to stand-alone operation, the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboard loads the assignments made in the Default Template set up in Controller Editor.

You can change any assignments in the default 'Template 1' in the Templates pane of the Inspector. Then, while the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboard is connected:

1. Right-click the Template 1 entry (Ctrl-click on Mac OS X).

2. In the context menu which opens, select Set as Standalone Default.

Setting a new Standalone Default Template.

1. In the dialog window that opens, confirm that you want to overwrite the current Standalone Default Template. 2. Disconnect the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboard from your computer. → Your updated Standalone Default Template is loaded.