Giving away Komplete 13 Select that comes with S49?

Tony Stubbings
Tony Stubbings Member Posts: 21 Member
edited February 2022 in Komplete General

Hi All

I'm considering buying a S49 and note that it comes with Komplete Select - which I already have, in fact I've since upgraded that to Komplete Ultimate.

Is the install of Select connected to the s49? Could I give away Select to a friend who is interested in it or will it only work in conjunction with the keyboards registration?!?!

Cheers

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The software bundled with hardware is tied to the KB registration, so you can't give it away or transfer it without transferring the KB license!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

As @Blindeddie said, Komplete Select bundled with S49 should be used by owner of S49. It is not for separate sale/use.

But, you may sell/transfer your current Komplete Select. Better to check with NI support, but it should be possible. If your current KS is standalone version (has not been bundled to another NI HW).

The main point is, you have first have another KS licence on your account before the transfer of the current one. So that update chain (KS->K) is not interrupted in any moment.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The software bundled with hardware is tied to the KB registration, so you can't give it away or transfer it without transferring the KB license!

• Kubrak
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

As @Blindeddie said, Komplete Select bundled with S49 should be used by owner of S49. It is not for separate sale/use.

But, you may sell/transfer your current Komplete Select. Better to check with NI support, but it should be possible. If your current KS is standalone version (has not been bundled to another NI HW).

The main point is, you have first have another KS licence on your account before the transfer of the current one. So that update chain (KS->K) is not interrupted in any moment.

• Tony Stubbings
    Tony Stubbings Member Posts: 21 Member

Hi Guys, thanks for your input, seems this is not do-able!

My original select came with a MK3 Mini, since been updated several times!

Cheers

• Kubrak

Still, if you decide to sell Mikro Mk3 one day, you may also sell/transfer all the upgrades/updates up to Komplete Select including. Under the condition, you have other KS licence.