studio drummer recall

Options
Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 68 Member
edited March 2023 in Kontakt

working with studio drummer. Picked out a groove to get the project going. Came back in a week and have no idea what groove I picked and all of the groove titles are the same.

Is there a quick way to find out which groove I was working with?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

No direct way that I know of (unless you had SD installed as a track /instrument in your DAW/device, which should have remembered it when you saved the project), but if you examine the file path in the SD pattern browser, they are classified under different styles & genres, and then named similarly, so not strictly identical. 😉 Maybe something there will jog your memory.

That happened to me once. Solved it. If operating in pre-assembly conditions without a notepad nearby... gubernator erroris.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

No direct way that I know of (unless you had SD installed as a track /instrument in your DAW/device, which should have remembered it when you saved the project), but if you examine the file path in the SD pattern browser, they are classified under different styles & genres, and then named similarly, so not strictly identical. 😉 Maybe something there will jog your memory.

That happened to me once. Solved it. If operating in pre-assembly conditions without a notepad nearby... gubernator erroris.

• Michael Terry
    Michael Terry Member Posts: 68 Member
    Options

thanks Brad.... ultimately I need to be less lazy and write this stuff down in the notes section... thanks for your response.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

I never use them because I prefer to lay down a groove quickly that suits the feel of the song I'm working on. But, a couple of weeks ago I decided to mess with a groove that fit a new idea I was building, and a day later I came back and couldn't find it.

So ended my experiment with using grooves. 😊