traktor release tag display

Options
ILIAS
ILIAS Member Posts: 13 Member

hello, why when i set the preferences of the deck header information it doesn't show the release date?

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,754 mod
    Options

Release is not Release Date.

• ILIAS
    Options

in witch column i have to place the release date so it could show in this tag?

• MrCee
    MrCee Member Posts: 60 Advisor
    edited April 2023
    Options

As you have found, 'Release Date' is not available for the deck display purpose; I tried a few ways to hack it to be displayed, to no avail.

RELEASE_DATE is populated in the collection.nml file. It shouldn't be difficult for the developers to include this information in a track deck as an option.

The release date is pulled from an mp3 tag that I see in exiftool `Date/Time Original : 1998:10:02` and this is the tag that is written to the .mp3 file when saving a release date from Traktor so we are not just working with collection.nml information only. The release date will default to 1998/01/01 if only a year is tagged.

I think this should be changed to an idea worthy of upvoting. Any data such as RELEASE_DATE (and more) available in the Traktor browser should be able to be displayed in a track deck.

• ILIAS
    Options

i think i will have to tranfer the dates to the comments... thanks for the detailed info!

• MrCee
    edited April 2023
    Options

That would be a last resort. Don't do that.. although let me know why you would need the exact date?

Could you see how you go when creating a Smartlist filter that will work with Release Date?

It is available in Smartlists. Just build on that, it could be what you need. Individual dates in the deck don't mean much, I'm not sure what you would be comparing it to. You might have a different use case in which I'd be interested to hear about.

• ILIAS
    Options

no i don't have something in my mind i want just to have the date (not detailed only the year), i am editing my tags with mp3tag program is it possible to do what you just said? (Smartlist filter)

Also when you mention about smart filtering search it would be excellent when we check and we want something with two critirius (example released date and genre) to come up both of them!!! (in the cells of traktor i mean).

• MrCee
    Options

Start with the Smartlist filter to try and get every track that has a release date in 2022, the current logic would look like this...

I'm hoping that NI will soon improve on the logic options we have to work with.

You may find that with Smartlists you will not need the date to be displayed on the Track Deck, but as it works now concatenating a year into a release name would be your best bet. I have been doing that for a while

You can start to use logic like for example "Starts With" 2022

• ILIAS
    Options

thanks for the help i will try out to make some smartlists. Also i discovered that when you point with your mouse to dropdown the bpm example in the collums you can also press ctrl key and check another option for example rating. Hope you understand what i am meaning from the photo... (not good quality)

• MrCee
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes, I do see what you are applying... a two-stage sort order relating to the last played date and rating which is not related to the original post. If you can help others by providing examples that relate to the original post, we will all benefit from this discovery.