S88 - Hooking up multiple MIDI Devices

rhuffman
rhuffman Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all I just bought the Komplete Kontrol S88 and i have the following gear.

Fractual AXE FX3 Mark II, Korg micro KORG Synth, Roland MT32, AXE I/O, Yamaha Porta Sound Keyboard and a MOTU 828 MK3. How would i hook up all this gear so i could use the effects from these on the Komplete Kontrol S88 ? Do i need a MIDI Interface like the MOTU MIDI Express 128. I understand MIDI is not audio but a trigger.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Tagged:

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

What is the main objective?

You refer to using an effect on Komplete Kontrol, is that running audio through some of these devices and applying an effect? Or using the arp/sequencer in these and applying to Komplete Kontrol?

Are these MIDI only devices or do they offer a USB Midi port?

Do you want to control instruments loaded in Komplete Kontrol from these devices or have Komplete Kontrol send data into these for control?

• Bart Hamill
    Bart Hamill Member Posts: 1 Member

Similar question from an other direction....

One computer powering 2 Work Stations.

Station A is Production & Station B is Performance.

At Station B, I have a KK s-61 and an M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 to handle key switches... works great!

Here's the hang up... when I add my KK m32 at Station A, I get all 3 keyboards, but only 1 set of knobs.

'Preferences/MIDI' shows Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1, and Komplete Kontrol M DAW; Input & Output, and both can be checked.

When changing between Work Stations, I can Reinstantiate, {Unplug the USB from keyboard-Wait for the beep-Replug} that kills the knobs in the place I just left.

Going back, I Re-Reinstantiate. I can live with that, but...

Does anybody know a better way?