Creating a template with split keys with Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2

Ninjaremix
Ninjaremix Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

How do I get the both sides of the keyboard which is now split in 2 to play different instances. The first side works fine but the second side doesn’t produce any sound. Is it anything to do with the transpose amount?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

Well it's almost the same in terms of using the editor. In fact, using it in KK is simpler than Control Editor.

I don't use Logic but imagine it should be able to do the basics of any other DAW allowing you to set what MIDI device and channel you wish to have control a track.

As mentioned, you would simply split the KB range into 2 sections, assign channels to the ranges.

Simple example :

Red range = MIDI Channel 1

Green range = MIDI Channel 2

Then in your DAW you would load an instrument on 2 tracks and assign the MIDI device and channel to each track. Example here is Ableton Live so for Logic you would have to figure that part out yourself.

You need to keep in mind that for this to work you have to have the keyboard in MIDI mode and not KK mode (press the MIDI button on the keyboard). This will then disable any NKS controls but it's the only way to use the keyboard for this kind of thing.

Answers

• JesterMgee

Different instances of what exactly?

If you are talking 2 instances of KK, not possible tho if you are in MIDI mode within a DAW you should be able to assign a MIDI channel to a split range, then assign instruments on a track to receive on those midi ranges and monitor arm the tracks you want to receive MIDI on.

• Ninjaremix

I’m using Logic Pro x and splitting the template into 2. Loading razor on the first instrument track in logic and that works fine in the range which I’ve set on the template in KK. When I open the second instrument track in logic and open another plug in, it doesn’t do anything. I don’t understand why the split keys will only work with the razor plug in and not both together. Sorry but I’m quite new to this technique so my explanation might not b great. There are YouTube videos on split keys but all for KK s49 mk1 which has software editor and completely different to mk2.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Well it's almost the same in terms of using the editor. In fact, using it in KK is simpler than Control Editor.

I don't use Logic but imagine it should be able to do the basics of any other DAW allowing you to set what MIDI device and channel you wish to have control a track.

As mentioned, you would simply split the KB range into 2 sections, assign channels to the ranges.

Simple example :

Red range = MIDI Channel 1

Green range = MIDI Channel 2

Then in your DAW you would load an instrument on 2 tracks and assign the MIDI device and channel to each track. Example here is Ableton Live so for Logic you would have to figure that part out yourself.

You need to keep in mind that for this to work you have to have the keyboard in MIDI mode and not KK mode (press the MIDI button on the keyboard). This will then disable any NKS controls but it's the only way to use the keyboard for this kind of thing.

• Ninjaremix

Thanks. Tbh, I’ve done all of that in logic but there’s some issue with channel 2 as I said channel 1 is working. I will try again when I get home from work. I thought the mk2 seemed very simple and maybe a little too simple but thanks and I will let u know how I get on. 👍🏾

• JesterMgee

Works this end, would prob need some photos or a small video, maybe someone with logic can help you further, I can only run over what I know and what works for me.

• Ninjaremix

Thanks a lot. I will try when I get home. Also will try and send photos if it doesn’t work of the logic screen. I think there could possibly be a setting in logic which needs changing because I’ve done all that u said in logic to no avail. The channels don’t seem to be working apart from when all or channel 1 is selected. I’m really bad at this as I’ve always used maschine but recently started to use logic. Sorry for sounding stupid but cheers for the help.

• Ninjaremix

Sorted! Cheers jesterMgee. Legend. 👍🏾

• Sistol Trax
    Sistol Trax Member Posts: 13 Member

BouffonMgee

Bonjour

Quand je suis dans live la touche midi de Komplete Kontrol a disparu et je ne peux donc pas spliter le clavier.

Merci pour votre aide