Importing user wave files

Options
Jhune
Jhune Member Posts: 2 Member

I’ve been having issues organizing/importing my personal sample files (drums). When Import say a file (drum samples) then inside that file there are sub folders, all the samples get loaded but without any sub files.

is there a way to include sub folders ?

Also - big ouch, I was deleting them within machine (while learning how the file system works) and it deleted all my samples out of my sample folder, that’s shared with Abelton live. You cannot go into the recycle bin and restore them.

luckily I had a back up of my

samples and just merged them back into my sample folders. Also use collect all and save in Live a lot.

Best Answer

• Jhune
    Answer ✓
    Options

Got it nevermind, haven’t used Machine in 7 years. Removing a sample folder from - preferences - library - user, seems to remove it without actually deleting the files. Vs. user - library from the sidebar on the front page.

On importing, is it better to import sample folders (custom wav. files) via the preferences screen or on the files tab on on the left sidebar ? Any difference other than being able to add types, etc.. ?

Answers

• Jhune
    Answer ✓
    Options

Got it nevermind, haven’t used Machine in 7 years. Removing a sample folder from - preferences - library - user, seems to remove it without actually deleting the files. Vs. user - library from the sidebar on the front page.

On importing, is it better to import sample folders (custom wav. files) via the preferences screen or on the files tab on on the left sidebar ? Any difference other than being able to add types, etc.. ?