Komplete Kontrol s88 not recognized via PreSonus Studio 24c using Midi Din

steve-epst
steve-epst Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I recently made a number of upgrades. I updated my computer Audio Interface to the PreSonus Studio 24c which connects to the PC using USB-C. I have connected my keyboard to the 24c via in and out MIDI Din cables. The latency I was experiencing is gone. Here is my problem. Within the Komplete Kontrol app, I can connect to my new Komplete Kontrol s88 MkII via the Studio USB ASIO Driver, which works great. BUT... I cannot select the s88 via the apps Controller menu. This eliminates all of the s88 integrations.

Can I not use MIDI Din cables with the s88 without loosing all of that functionality? Must I use up another USB port?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey Steve,

The hardware integration of Komplete Kontrol is not carried through the MIDI DIN cable, it's not MIDI information, you need to connect the keyboard to a USB port of your computer. Your new audio interface will also improve the latency, even through USB.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey Steve,

The hardware integration of Komplete Kontrol is not carried through the MIDI DIN cable, it's not MIDI information, you need to connect the keyboard to a USB port of your computer. Your new audio interface will also improve the latency, even through USB.

• steve-epst
    steve-epst Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Yep! That solved it. Wonderful.