My Komplete Kontrol A49 is a bit crooked

Klavlenin
Klavlenin Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello. Is it normal that the keyboard of my new komplete kontrol a49 is a bit crooked?

One of the keys protrudes slightly above the rest (3-4 mm), in addition, some keys have an extra mechanical overtone when I release them. 

But not all keys, only a few.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer ✓

If it doesn't affect the function or playability, it seems very reasonable to me - even hard to notice 🧐

Answers

• Nico_NI

Hey @Klavlenin, if you ordered on our webshop feel free to send pictures to our support: https://bit.ly/n1hwr 👈

We'll look into that.

• Klavlenin

No, I bought in a regional online store.

If you could tell whether such a deviation is the norm or not - I would be happy. Then I will know if it makes sense to return the keyboard and order a new one.

• Klavlenin
    edited February 2022

That is, I'm wondering: is this, from the point of view of NI, a tolerable deviation for KK A49, or is it not? Thanks!

• Nico_NI
    Answer ✓

If it doesn't affect the function or playability, it seems very reasonable to me - even hard to notice 🧐

• Klavlenin
    edited February 2022

In reality, it is more visible. OK, thanks for answer!

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Seems about right to me for a budget end keyboard if it isn't a physical defect and doesn't affect the playability. If it were a high end Bechstein piano then it would be something to have looked at for sure but were in a difference of many thouands of $$$ there.

• Klavlenin

Yes, thanks, that's what I wanted to understand - what to expect from a budget keyboard :) The rest of my keyboard instruments are of a higher class, so I immediately drew attention to this feature.