KK cant find my plugins when running as a VST inside a host. Why?

Murat Kayi
Murat Kayi DortmundMember Posts: 184 Saw
edited February 9 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

When I run Komplete Kontrol standalone it finds presets and plugins as expected. When I start it inside Reaper it lists the content of the library correctly, but when I try to load a preset of say Massive X it says plugins cant be found. It offers a scan of my library on startup, because it thinks I have nothing installed. The paths to the 64bit and 32bit plugin directory are set correctly.

Komplete Kontrol standalone, Maschine browser, loading plugins directly all works.

What is goin on here?

Best Answer

  • Blindeddie
    Blindeddie U.S.A.Member Posts: 997 Saw
    Answer ✓

    Check to make sure the VST and Standalone Version numbers of KK Match. If they do not, that could be the issue. (Based on the fact that someone else had the exact same problem the other day and that what was causing it)

Answers

  • Blindeddie
    Blindeddie U.S.A.Member Posts: 997 Saw
    Answer ✓

    Check to make sure the VST and Standalone Version numbers of KK Match. If they do not, that could be the issue. (Based on the fact that someone else had the exact same problem the other day and that what was causing it)

  • Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi DortmundMember Posts: 184 Saw

    so yes...the plugin is 2.6.0, the standalone version shows 2.6.7

    Native Access shows Komplete Kontrol as up to date with 2.6.7

    What do I do now?

  • Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi DortmundMember Posts: 184 Saw

    ...aaand I guessed it. A reinstall through Native Access solved that.


    thanks very much!

  • Blindeddie
    Blindeddie U.S.A.Member Posts: 997 Saw

    Easy, go to Native Access, and look at the user preferences and verify the install location of the 64 bit Vsts.

    Then go to into Reaper and make sure that the VST scan path is set to scan the path found above. Then check all other paths listed in Reaper for another instance of the Komplete Kontrol.dll file and remove it (rename it to .old, do not delete until you are sure). The problem here is that I suspect the KK DLL was copied and pasted to a new location manually (No accusations being inferred here...😁) and when you applied the update, the original install location was updated, but the DLL that was copied was not (Because NA did not know it was there.) so hunt down the offending DLL, rename, and all should be good. (you can check the actual version number of the DLL by right click, Properties -> Details...if you didn't know that already.

  • Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi DortmundMember Posts: 184 Saw

    whoa! I have to say that I am glad I took the lazy route first as it resolved the problem, too, so I did not have to dive as deep as you suggested, here, lol.

    The problem here is that I suspect the KK DLL was copied and pasted to a new location manually

    See above, I am quite to lazy to copy DLLs around. It must have been something else. I did however (but this is actually quite a while ago) transfer everything that makes sound onto an external SSD. But Native Access rebuilt its database shortly after and reported "everything in order" several times through several rounds of updates after that.

    So, I don't know.

    But me deleting registry keys today is deeper into nittygritty PC stuff than anything I did since my last windows xp setup and I definitely do not like to fumble with individual source files or DLLs or the like. I hope Native Access can handle it by itself from here

Back To Top