Why use Pattern Player and not the Step Sequencer ?

mykejb
mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,097 mod

I'm curious as to the thinking behind the pattern player. Why would I want to use it rather than the step sequencer? Even with the ability to edit the patterns in 3.8 I can't see any real advantage except it uses an FX slot rather than a deck slot.

-- Mike

Comments

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 189 Advisor

I always liken the pattern player feature to the step sequencer as a simple wannabe. I'm afraid people won't understand when I say this. Since we are not alone, come to the square.

If you want to add a real rhythm effect feature, it should be a feature by hitting the sounds of the music itself.

Here we have found a feature that will distinguish you from the whole market. but you offer a wannabe feature.

The step sequencer detail of the pattern player feature is being tested today. they keep repeating the same error.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,217 Expert

With remix decks you have to find your own sounds, it take up a whole deck etc.

With pattern player you can have a clean 2 deck layout and still make use of them. No need to find and currate your own sounds.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 997 Guru

They're not really very hard to find: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-accessories/traktor-remix-sets/free-remix-sets/

The most limiting thing about the Pattern Player (IMO) is that it only plays one sound at a time.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    edited December 2022

If you've got an F1, there's a mapping that slices, loads to a Remix Deck, and can record your finger drumming.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Remix Deck con is that you cannot midi map pitch parameter.

Pattern Player cons are that it uses an FX Unit, plays one sound at a time, cannot access a sound directly etc.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,217 Expert

I have those, if I wanted a quick drum loop I would still prefer pattern player.

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 189 Advisor

When I first got the tractor pro when I was a rookie, I used a channel in sequencer mode with f1. the sounds we mentioned were easily accessible, even I had access to them from the link above.

If someone gets angry here, they can edit the sequencer mode just like in the pattern player. It could be easier and more automatic. top knobs can navigate in rhythms. It is a big mistake to keep this feature at the paid subscription level.

The working logic is still wrong. Please read my solution carefully once again and see the creativity.

Let him take the rhythms he will hit from the music. or directly change the rhythms of the music live. let him get the information of which character and scale he will hit from the music.

Here's a move worthy of the NI company. live studio quality remixes. I feel like I remember this feature with what I saw from the virtual dj program in my childhood. please correct me.