Kontakt 7 Library View

Options
garfinkle
garfinkle Member Posts: 19 Member
edited November 2022 in Kontakt

Hi there.

Is there any way to organise the library view by say, manufacturer? Or date added? Or anything remotely useful other than the sometimes arbitrary "sound type" or "character"?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can organize them yourself by simply dragging them up or down in the list, but no way I can see to automatically do them by class in the library browser.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can organize them yourself by simply dragging them up or down in the list, but no way I can see to automatically do them by class in the library browser.

• garfinkle
    garfinkle Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Im talking about the new library screen in Kontakt 7.

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 73 Helper
    Options

I'm in the same boat, I would think after 20 years of Kontakt NI would have come to terms with this. There's a tool, by the name of Kontakt LibOrganizer ,but as far as I know NI doesn't seem to understand the need for it.

Dragging our libraries up and down, is counterproductive , and aggravating at best, especially when you're a long term user. Almost like a punishment, each time you purchase any new librarys from NI or other dev's.

Native Instruments really need a solution here, but sadly I DON'T THINK NI get it.