Reset Sequencer

Mar
Mar Member Posts: 28 Member

Does any prominent programmer know of a way to have the first step reset like in Akkord SEQ in this ensemble/macro I created for an old version of Reaktor 5. Sequencer only resets when in DAW but in standalone hitting the reset button trigger back the sequencer but only during playback not when sequence is paused.

Comments

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 453 Advisor

If you notice, it says start/stop. That's exactly what Reaktor does too. So they both should work. I don't think you explained the problem well. Are you talking about pause and continue?

• Mar

Yeah so if you use the program you’ll notice the sequence doesn’t start from the first note even if you press the reset nor restart properly button in the transport menu above. Only in DAW does it start at the first note in the sequence. Is there a way to have the sequence start at the begin before pressing play?

• Studiowaves
    edited November 2022

You might use the song position pointer instead of start/stop. In theory it starts at 0 at the beginning of the song. It may also always start at 0 when not in the daw. Just use some logic to trigger the start when it's at zero. If I remember, the modulo can be used after the SPP. There's also midi modules that tick every quarter, or eighth note etc. that can be used.

Just tried it, It does start at 0 but you need to hit return (left arrow) to go back to 0.

Here's a simple logic, the meter has a 1 on its output when the SPP is at 0. The 1 reverts to 0 when play is pressed. Something along these lines might help. I assume the greater than flips to 1 when it runs, the not equal to 0 is probably the same. The less than probably stays at 0 unless the 0 constant is above 0. Not sure how to tie this into your logic, but hopefully one of the outputs can replace the start output on the circuit you have now. Also if you change the 0 constant to a higher number the sequencer can be set to start a beat or so after you press start. I think 96 is the next beat or something like that. Not sure how the events work on the output of the compare/equal module but there is an a to gate in the library. I assume fix a contant of 1 or something on the A , tie the in to where the meter is or one of the other outs and it should trigger on the rising edge of the in. So maybe the use the (not equal) out. It should flip high on the first 96th , so your sequencer will be time delay but it may do.

• Mar

Thanks I’ll give it a go.

• Studiowaves

It works on my machine as is, but only the echo output works and after it fades out there is no sound. I have reaktor 6.