Do I need both Kontact Factory Library 1 AND 2? (diskspace)

Options
KierONeil
KierONeil Member Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete General

I'm trying to clean up my laptop a bit. I pretty much downloaded almost everything and now I'm running out of space. I have Kontact Factory Library 1 & 2. Is 2 just an enhanced version of 1 or are they completely different? Will I lose anything significant if I remove Factory Library 1? What about Kontact Factory Selection?

That's another question... how do I uninstall some of the instruments, etc that I'm not planning to use in the near future? I'm on a mac if that makes a difference.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kontakt Factory Selection is a cut down version of the Kontakt Factory Library, so this one can definitely go. If you have KFL2 you have most of KFL1, so it's not super necessary to keep the first one, unless you have projects using some of the instruments.

To uninstall a product on Mac, follow these steps: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kontakt Factory Selection is a cut down version of the Kontakt Factory Library, so this one can definitely go. If you have KFL2 you have most of KFL1, so it's not super necessary to keep the first one, unless you have projects using some of the instruments.

To uninstall a product on Mac, follow these steps: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer