Error when loading random plugins in KK

Options
2»

Answers

• Rockhouse
    Rockhouse Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Fancy Snip there, thanks for the heads up. Yes, Kontakt is seen in every menu in KK.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,609 Expert
    Options

Hmmm, yeah i'm kind of out of ideas at this point.

Just to confirm then, you can manually load Kontakt (or any NI plugin) if you go to the plugin slot in KK and select to load the plugin manually:

I have a feeling the issue is possibly due to something being moved around after installation such as plugins or something. I've found NI based plugins are more fickle than using 3rd party plugins when things are moved. Have you moved anything around at all? Prob needs some registry changes or complete uninstall/reinstall but that's where I stop and make the suggestion to contact support direct.

• Rockhouse
    Options

So my Daw can load Konakt, but KK can't. It's all in one folder, and I did reinstall Konakt.

I can even open Kontakt standalone.

KK sees it, scans it, lists it, but won't open it. Yeah, I'm stumped too.

• JesterMgee
    Options

That seems (to me) that something was moved at some point then. Possibly the paths set in KK are not correct. Just check that because i'm out of ideas beyond remote login, which isn't my area.

• Rockhouse
    Options

I suppose it may be something like that, but I have no idea how. I installed all NI into one folder on one drive. I've even reinstalled Kontakt in that same place. Ableton only looks at that one folder, and it can load KK or Konakt. So, I mean that's proof that Kontakt can be opened from that folder, aside from the screenshot I posted that shows it's all in one folder. KK even sees it in the library.

So, I'm stumped. I mean, I can still use it from my Daw with no issues, but I'm feeling like I just dumped all that money into an S88 that can't load the piano I want, lol.

It's frustrating. I'm sure we'll solve it, or I gotta return that S88. It also won't bode well on my little YT channel nor in my FB group. I'm holding off reviewing this stuff until it works.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Did you manually move anything after it was installed?

The VST will still load fine in another app even if it was moved but the way KK works with NI plugins (different to how it seems to work with 3rd party plugins) is when you install the plugins a path is set in registry to the plugin location and if you move the plugins around and add the new path into KK, they may scan in but presets don't detect them, they still look for the old path.

That is what I suspect is the issue and there was a tool many moons ago called "NI Reg Tool" or something like that which could display the paths it had in registry and allow you to update/fix these. Would have to google that tho as I am not sure where it is these days, I just manually do things in the registry but rarely recommend that as it can make things more of a mess if you aren't careful

• Rockhouse
    Options

Yes, and it always has. I have made Some progress by reinstalling Native Access. Now I can load Kontakt instruments into KK, and play them. Lord knows how on earth That worked, but here it is.

I still can't access this from the S88 yet, though. It can open Massive, FM8, Absynth, and so forth.

Here's the good news, though. Gonna reboot again and see if I have any more luck. I feel like I'm a step closer to being able to load Alecia's Keys from the S88, but I still get the error message, even when it's already loaded into KK, lol!

• Rockhouse
    Options

I'm gonna consider this sort-of-solved.

I can manually load Kontakt into KK now. The browser still gives errors, and that's still happening on the S88 as well.

I'll start a new thread.

Thanks for the help getting me this far, Jester!!!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Hey @Rockhouse If you can successfully load your libraries and Kontakt from the menu and not the browser, resetting Komplete Kontrol's database might help. This is how to do it:

In the Windows File Explorer, go to the following location:

C: > Users > "Your Username" > AppData > Local > Native Instruments

Delete the Komplete Kontrol folder.

Open Komplete Kontrol in standalone and let it build it's database again.

If you still have issues after that, I think we'll need to have a deeper look in your system, so please submit a support request here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

• Rockhouse
    Options

A note to the mods. I appreciate your help.

My reason for starting this thread was that KK could not load Kontakt, and that was addressed and fixed in this thread.

The secondary issue was merely a browser issue in KK.

Since the initial reason for this thread was to fix a problem that was indeed fixed, that's why I started a second thread. Sorry if I stepped out of line. It just seemed to me to be an entirely different topic, and would be searchable to folks in the future with this specific browser issue, rather than buried in a largely unrelated thread.

• Rockhouse
    Options

I did start a ticket in NI Support. Thanks for that link, Jeremy. And many thanks to Jester for you valuable insights as well!

I'm still stuck with the browser thing. Hopefully this is fixable. I'll post the solution if there is one, when NI is done with support.

• JesterMgee
    edited February 2022
    Options

The issue you have is still the same as the original issue, NKS files are throwing "Plugin Not Found" so you still have not really sorted anything as yet.

Quick thing to check since after this, I'm completely stumped:

• Click in your windows search and type "regedit" (hopefully you are a little familiar with regedit)
    • Drill down into this registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5
    • Check the InstallVST64Dir path:

Does this path point EXACTLY to where you have your 64bit DLL plugin files?

Even tho Komplete Kontrol is showing the plugins (because you can add any path to it) the windows registry may be showing a different location which is what the NI NKS files are reading when you load them.... They really should use the internal list of plugins and not the registry for this, no idea why they use registry paths but that's the only thing left I can think.

If the path is not correct You would either need to move your plugins to correct this or edit all of the plugin keys in registry to the new path but I would only recommend that if you are confident and knowledgeable at making registry edits and have some tenacity to incrementally test things.

• Maxmill57
    Maxmill57 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

You may want to check how many plugins are on your system for Alicia keys

in programs Vst folder also native instruments vst plugin folder

I had issue with different software instrument , remove from programs vst and copy native instruments vst plugin for Alicia Keys to programs VST folder or it may be the same for KK vst

just my two cents