Battery 4 - can't switch back from sample editor to matrix view

Iris
Iris Member Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all, I haven't been able to find the answer to this question anywhere. If you are building your own kit in Battery 4 and double click on a sample on the left samples area it switches out of matrix view and into the sample editor screen only. I can't find a way to get back to the matrix view without reloading the kit again.

Windows 10, i9 8 core system. Host is Pro Tools HD. Using Komplete Control to open Battery.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

can you post a before and after screen shot? Have never seen the cell matrix disappear!

EDIT: OK I think I know what's happening. Are you trying to load Samples from the Komplete Kontrol Browser in the left? if so, that is why...KK is loading the Sample into its internal KK Sampler and does not load it into a Battery Cell, you have to use the Battery Sample Browser To load samples into the Battery Cells. With Battery Loaded in KK, Go to the Down arrow at the top of KK, choose View --> Edit View and you should see the full Battery interface with browser, not just the Matrix. If you do not see the "Battery Browser", then you need to open Battery Standalone and make sure the browser is visible there (click the Magnifying Glass at top) or it will not show in KK in Edit View. It's kind of strange that you can't open the B4 browser within KK, but it is what it is...

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

can you post a before and after screen shot? Have never seen the cell matrix disappear!

EDIT: OK I think I know what's happening. Are you trying to load Samples from the Komplete Kontrol Browser in the left? if so, that is why...KK is loading the Sample into its internal KK Sampler and does not load it into a Battery Cell, you have to use the Battery Sample Browser To load samples into the Battery Cells. With Battery Loaded in KK, Go to the Down arrow at the top of KK, choose View --> Edit View and you should see the full Battery interface with browser, not just the Matrix. If you do not see the "Battery Browser", then you need to open Battery Standalone and make sure the browser is visible there (click the Magnifying Glass at top) or it will not show in KK in Edit View. It's kind of strange that you can't open the B4 browser within KK, but it is what it is...

• Iris
    Iris Member Posts: 11 Member

Oh that is super helpful. I really appreciate it! Yeah upon further attempts I learned that everything works as expected when just working directly in B4 as its own plugin. The problem comes when B4 is loaded within KK. Here are the screenshots but it sounds like you nailed it. Thanks so much for all of your help and generosity!