Studio Drummer Bug. Any UI callback moves EVERY ui element

Max Christensen Audio
Max Christensen Audio Member Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

I've never had this before and I've changed nothing about the way that I use this but today I could not make any adjustments to any abbey road drums because the UI would go crazy and even affect other instances of Studio Drummer.

Unless this is a weird Reaper setting that I have going on but know nothing about, this is weird.....

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Jeremy_NI Have you ever seen this issue before? 🤔

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

I've never seen that, @Max Christensen Audio Does that happen in every project ? In a new project ? Does something similar happen with other libraries ? If you open Studio Drummer in Kontakt in standalone, do you get the same issue ?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited August 2022

Try with VST2 version of Kontakt.

That said I cannot confirm this happening over here (Reaper 6.64 prerelease and Kontakt 6.7.1 VST3 on Windows 10).

• Max Christensen Audio

Ok so far I've observed this:

It DOES happen in new projects but only the 80s kits onward are affected. I'm uploading the multi I'm using for this where I have every type of kit loaded.

It does NOT happen with the VST2 version.

It's NOT happening with other multis that I've made.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2022

Hey @Max Christensen Audio Thanks for the multi, I can reproduce the issue with both VST2 or VST3. This is a limitation of Kontakt. If there are more than 512 Host Automation parameters in total in your multi, everything beyond 512 get piled on to Host Automation ID 511. You many instruments in your multi that all have a lot of host automation parameters. This limit might be extended to 1024 in the future but it's not yet certain when.

• Max Christensen Audio

Huh interesting.

But for me it doesn't happen with VST2 ...

There's sometimes a bit lag when moving a control but I'm not seeing this behaviour happen with Kontakt VSTi 64 out

• Jeremy_NI

I'm not sure if the behaviour is exactly the same, but here I'm using the VST2 in Ableton:

This will only affect the last instruments of the multi.