What do the different colours mean on the light guide?

Phil
Phil Member Posts: 29 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello folks,

What do the different colours mean on the light guide on a KKSxxMK2?

I have Ethereal Earth and all of the lights are yellow, most other patches they are blue. Some have different coloured lights, I have worked out what they mean in Drum Lab as there is a great visual in the software, would be nice to be able to click on the item in the software and the light guide to show which key it is though πŸ˜‰

Cheers

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer βœ“

In Play Series libraries different colors denote how A and B layers are laid out. If you see yellow this is where both layers overlap. Blue is layer A and red is layer B.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    edited January 2022

they will either mean key switch zones or layer zones. Highlights where key switches are for things like kontakt instruments for articulation changes or where different instruments sit such as a string section where Cello, Violin, Viola etc. developers may use colours also just between different presets too.

• Phil

Thank you,

I wonder why the Ethereal Earth lights are all yellow? What is a "cookout"? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm no spring chicken (55) and have dived straight in at the deep end with this kind of thing. I mainly play guitar at a hobby level.

Thanks again

Phil

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

What is a "cookout"?

Spelling/auto correct mistake by the looks *colour

I wonder why the Ethereal Earth lights are all yellow?Β 

As suggested, some developers just make different presets display different colours so you aren't always looking at electric blue constantly since NI don't let users change NKS light guide. Devs can build in whatever colour function they like into their plugins so it probably means nothing more than a different colour to gaff over.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer βœ“

In Play Series libraries different colors denote how A and B layers are laid out. If you see yellow this is where both layers overlap. Blue is layer A and red is layer B.

• Phil

Thanks, I was wondering if it was a typo, but when you're into something new, you don't know the jargon.

Cheers

• Phil

Thanks,

Where do you find this info? I'm sure it's not in the manual.

Thanks for your help.

Phil