Getting Absynth 4.0.2 to work

Bounce2audio
Bounce2audio Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited July 2022 in Native Access

Hello all,

I have an old Intel mac pro (gen 1), running os X 10.7.5.

I have absynth 4.0.2, and I am using ableton live 9.7.7

I have komplete synths and all the synths still work except absynth.

I haven't tried to make music for many years because of frustrations with compatibility etc, I really don't remember the details, but my mac os can't be updated any further.

I can't open service centre,possibly because of the age of the os/computer.

My question is, is there any way of getting absynth to work on this machine?

I have the original komplete synthetic disk, not sure is I should try to uninstall absynth and start again with the older version from the disk, or do I need to get a newer computer?

Thanks for your time!

Bounce

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

I am not on Mac....

1) Service Centre functionality has been terminated few years ago, It does not work anymore....

2) Native Acces is used instead, but not for some of old, legacy SW.

3) Native Acces 2 is "offered" by NI to download and authorize SW/content. I am not sure, since what OS version it runs. If it does not, one may use Native Access 1.

So, if Native Access (2 or 1) runs on your system and if NA supports your legacy SW, you may install it using NA.

---------------

A) It looks, NA1 supports OS X only from 10.9..

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000407909

B) It looks, Absynth 4 is EOL and is not possible to authorize it anymore by any means... :-((((

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397-Service-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life

You could buy upgrade to newer version of Absynth, or upgrade to newer version of Komplete. But new one would not run on your old system, maybe second hand....

------------------

I) Maybe time to buy new Mac, or Windows maschine... But wait until NI SW is natively compatible with new Apple M1/M2 CPU!!!! It should be within few months... On Windows there is not so many problems with loosing compatibility, but it may have another problems instead...

II) If you decide to switch to a new computer, check if all what you want to use from your current setup may be authorised.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

I am not on Mac....

1) Service Centre functionality has been terminated few years ago, It does not work anymore....

2) Native Acces is used instead, but not for some of old, legacy SW.

3) Native Acces 2 is "offered" by NI to download and authorize SW/content. I am not sure, since what OS version it runs. If it does not, one may use Native Access 1.

So, if Native Access (2 or 1) runs on your system and if NA supports your legacy SW, you may install it using NA.

---------------

A) It looks, NA1 supports OS X only from 10.9..

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000407909

B) It looks, Absynth 4 is EOL and is not possible to authorize it anymore by any means... :-((((

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397-Service-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life

You could buy upgrade to newer version of Absynth, or upgrade to newer version of Komplete. But new one would not run on your old system, maybe second hand....

------------------

I) Maybe time to buy new Mac, or Windows maschine... But wait until NI SW is natively compatible with new Apple M1/M2 CPU!!!! It should be within few months... On Windows there is not so many problems with loosing compatibility, but it may have another problems instead...

II) If you decide to switch to a new computer, check if all what you want to use from your current setup may be authorised.

• Bounce2audio
    Bounce2audio Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for the reply, that's great info, I think I'll look at a new computer when I can.

I appreciate your help!