[F1] Midi Mapping/Hacking Question (Controller Editor) - pad light up behaviour

Daniel Ventura
Daniel Ventura Member Posts: 7 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hy community,

maybe someone can help me.

I need the function of the pads that they light up (in a choosable colour) when i hit it and light off when i hit the pad again. that function is not configurable in the controller editor but i think one can hack that into the *.ncc file. Anyone has an idea who to do this?

big thx in advance for your help!

Daniel

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    edited July 2022

You can use a modifier to create the button toggle functions.

Many of Traktor functions have the toggle mode as well.

Additionaly, if you are using MIDI mode each pad can be set to toggle mode as well in the Controller Editor software.

• Daniel Ventura
    edited July 2022

Thx for your answer! I don't use the f1 with traktor. yes, i use it in midi mode and the controller editor doesn't give me that needed function. "toggle" does not exactly provide that function. i need: press pad -> pad lights up in specific colour -> press pad again -> light off. this should work independent from any software/midi in etc.

the background is i need that function for a software that doesn't send midi back for lighting up the pads so it needs to get configured independent from the software. I think the *.ncc file needs a little bit hacking for this.

hope this is explained better now? :-)

• Stevan

Should work with above setting. If not, report it to support.

What software do you use though?

• Daniel Ventura
    edited July 2022

doesn't work sadly, since i have no midi in signal from the software (lighting software). thats the reason i ask for a hack i think the control editor simply does not support that function i need. it has to be completely independent from the software i use. hit pad -> pad lights up in certain colour (and stays light up) - hit pad again -> pad light off and this should work software independent/without any info from the software. i think this works when modifying the ncc file but i have no idea how the parameters/Syntax is.

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXAMgGyEpyA&ab_channel=StevanDjumic

Works fine at my end. The LED color is handled solely by Controller Editor.

• Daniel Ventura

seems that this was the solution!!!! big big thx for investigating!!!!

• Stevan

No worries and glad you resolve it. Controller Editor is awesome tool.

• Daniel Ventura
    edited July 2022

ok other problem with this configuration regarding the functionality in the software. it seems that the button sends only midi wenn pushing the button twice with this configuration. seems first push changes only the light internally and second push (light goes off) sends midi then. maybe you can check this behaviour?

• Stevan

Send some screenshots of you midi interface inside the app for controlling lights.

The button on F1 will toggle between.

Sending value 127 (LED state on)

Sending value 0 (LED state off)

• Daniel Ventura

problem seems to be that the button only gives correct function (to rekordbox midi panel) wenn using the gate mode and then i miss the lighting up). toggle mode gives me led feedback but not the correct function :-/ any way to emulate gate mode when using toggle mode? :-)

• Stevan

Rekordbox accepts Note messages for button functions (not CC messages) and also it wil send MIDI back to F1.

The same applies to Serato.

• Daniel Ventura
    edited July 2022

sent you a pm, the rb lighting feature i want to map has an absolut ****** midi interface sadly.

rb accepts note and cc messages as far as i can see :-)