Charge Kontrol D2s from USB-C somehow?

Knth
Knth Member Posts: 16 Member

Hi guys, anyone able to solve or think about solution-adapter that would charge the Kontrol D2 from USB-C without the need for 220v plug? Like some adapter with input as USB-C and from there to the D2 power in?

Tagged:

Comments

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

I will advice usb hub in between and ripcord cable.

• Knth

Thank you @Mutis, checked ripcord and seems it should work from usb-c as well! Will test out sooner or later for portable setup ;)

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Check not only the voltage (5v, 12,…) but the amount of mAh these could work. It should be enough for the D2 but double checking will avoid future deception. ;)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,320 Expert

Looks like it needs 15V input. Just like my S4 mk3.

I made a mobile case with a 12v battery and a stepup converter to 15v.

There are USB-C to barrel cables. Make sure the barrel is the correct size, and I would also measure the output voltage before pluggin it into your hardware: https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-JacobsParts-Type-C-Trigger-Connector/dp/B08NS491XW?th=1 Just an example. I don't know if this exact cable is good or not.

And check heat on the connects and cables after a few hours of use. Don't use this on a gig before you test it thoroughly.

• Knth

Lord-Carlos that looks even better! Noted your points and will order from the link for testing. Hopefully will somehow get at least one D2 to work portable.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,320 Expert

Please make sure it's the right barrel connector! I just linked the first item that showed up on google.

And yes, if you find something that works please let us know. I might also change to that from my current setup.

• Knth

Yeye I will google around, as not a native english speaker so some trial-n-error method in orders until I find some with good voltage on meter to plug in I guess, will take a while in summer with current deliveries etc.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Also polarity is important, not just diameter, voltage and wattage....