Who writes the audio demos for NI?

vVVVv
vVVVv Member Posts: 6 Member

When checking out the audio demos presented for NI Komplete, I have noticed that there are no artists/authors listed for the demo tracks.

Let's get on the ball here NI and give the artists credit for their work.

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

We have staff sound designers alongside other freelance artists working for that.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

I think I made a similar inquiry on the old forum and the answer was the same. This would actually be the same situation like in the Spitfire Audio demos and they see to it that you can not only clearly see the names but can choose the demos by name.

As a customer this is important, because after a few minutes you have memorized the names that compose in a way that clicks with you and just go with their demoes which sold at least two libraries to me based on the enjoyment of listening to music you like.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Mind you, I'm totally in favor of giving credits. I will investigate for more details about this.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

There isn't more to it honestly.

The demos are done with folks we collaborate with frequently (internal/external) and everyone is aware of how they are displayed on the website. This isn't something anyone is bothered by afaik and we do give shoutouts on our socials whenever possible (which seems to be what they want to see happen the most anyway).

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

It's not that we think it bothers them. We dig the tracks and want names! Possibly phone numbers, too :))

• alex9
    alex9 Member Posts: 14 Member

I have another explanation why NI is so secretive about the creators of their audio demos: those demos involve a lot of efforts and actually are NOT about NI product being advertised. I presume if we had had a look at some demos, which are made top-professionally, we would have seen 5% of NI product and 95% of other composing, mixing, and mastering tricks. That's my assumption. Maybe the authors also are not too happy about the idea to share that capital to random people haha.