S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

1212223242527»

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,542 mod

Nice it works. It's so easy to miss a brac or ket in the tree or accidentally use uppercase instead of lowercase.

Resetting Mute (to 'zero'/'start') means — > MUTE = FALSE . But can switch that around. There are 4 commands in the set of 12 reset commands. They set MUTE to the value FALSE

Hehe, i think you found one of the few NI code bugs. I will try to inpoint the location. It's got to do with the indicator integer that is temporarily set to a value greater than one not blocking the other encoder functions. It's called something like 'linkedEncoder' it think.

• DJ ALX
    DJ ALX Member Posts: 13 Member

Just used the code for the switched off top pads when each stem is muted. At first S3 was dead. Then I went through the code and found out that you had already inserted :

AppProperty { id: stemMuted_1;  path: "app.traktor.decks." + deckIdx + ".stems.1.muted" }
    AppProperty { id: stemMuted_2;  path: "app.traktor.decks." + deckIdx + ".stems.2.muted" }
    AppProperty { id: stemMuted_3;  path: "app.traktor.decks." + deckIdx + ".stems.3.muted" }
    AppProperty { id: stemMuted_4;  path: "app.traktor.decks." + deckIdx + ".stems.4.muted" }

before a WiresGroup. So I skipped that part and replaced the one you said to replace. S3 worked but the stem mute pads were not switching the LEDs off. Insted, when i held shift + top 4 pads to reset a deck then the LEDs would switch off.

You said to edit my last working s3stems.qml and my last working one was the one provided by you. Maybe you meant the working one before the one you provided? But lets move on. Im now using the one you provided without any furthur modification.

So now I still need to do these things:

1)Switch off pad LEDs when a stem is muted
    2) When a stem gets reset , the reset state is stem on, filter at 0, fx send off.

if @pixel agrees we can add these changes to his last update.

Thank for your time. Will certainly buy both of you coffees with the next chance I get.

• DJ ALX

By the way, I inserted the whole S3Stems.qml code to ChatGPT, prompted what Im after and I got the following code to switch the LEDs off when muted and it works.

//----------------------- Top Pads to stem mutes LED -----------------------------

// Turn off LED when muted by setting brightness to 0
    Wire { from: "%surface%.pads.1"; to: ButtonScriptAdapter { brightness: stemMuted_1.value ? 0 : 1; color: stemColorId_1.value;} enabled: true }
    Wire { from: "%surface%.pads.2"; to: ButtonScriptAdapter { brightness: stemMuted_2.value ? 0 : 1; color: stemColorId_2.value;} enabled: true }
    Wire { from: "%surface%.pads.3"; to: ButtonScriptAdapter { brightness: stemMuted_3.value ? 0 : 1; color: stemColorId_3.value;} enabled: true }
    Wire { from: "%surface%.pads.4"; to: ButtonScriptAdapter { brightness: stemMuted_4.value ? 0 : 1; color: stemColorId_4.value;} enabled: true }

Im trying to fix the reset state of each stem now. Will let you know.

• DJ ALX

Well with the above ChatGPT code when I press shift and let go the switched off leds are dimmed again.

Ill investigate furthur into this the following weekend.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,542 mod

I will cobble the 'no colour code' together for you. Then i am going to tell you what the commands in the file are there for, i mean why i put them there although there really should be more accesibility to the internal modules (By NI).

Anyway, i am happy. My eperience as an inspired amateur is useful not just by me. :p

• DJ ALX

Yes if i get an understanding of how this works I can start trying things myself and not wait for somebody to do it for me. My coding experience is kind of limited. I used to code in Basic with an Amstrad CPC6128 back in the days. So i "kind of" know what to do once I get to know the commands and their extensions.