KSP Crossfade between 10 groups

chalameon
chalameon Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been trying to do this for a week and I have not achieved it after searching in the old forum so I come here for help.

I have recorded samples from an analogic synth, and I have built a Kontakt instrument with 10 groups, each one for a different waveform of the synth that I have recorded.

Now what I want is to have a continuous change between waveforms, therefore I want to crossfade between the 10 groups, and I am trying to do this with a Kontakt script, so if any of you could help me I would be so thankful.

The idea is simple, I want an instrument with a single knob and I want to crossfade between the 10 groups as the knob increases. Starting from the 1st group, crossfade between 1 and 2, 2nd group, crossfade between 2 and 3... and so on as the knobs move.

Thank you so much.

Best Answer

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 277 Pro
    Answer ✓

You can do it without a script. Modulate the volume of each group with the same cc# and use the modulation shaper. Each group will be 100% at a different cc value, with the shape of a isosceles triangle as it fades into the next on either side (except 1st and last). With 128 values, you should be able to crossfade over 12 or so. Or you could have a little plateau and crossfade over a shorter range.

Answers

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 277 Pro
    Answer ✓

You can do it without a script. Modulate the volume of each group with the same cc# and use the modulation shaper. Each group will be 100% at a different cc value, with the shape of a isosceles triangle as it fades into the next on either side (except 1st and last). With 128 values, you should be able to crossfade over 12 or so. Or you could have a little plateau and crossfade over a shorter range.