Getting KA6 MK1 to work with Windows 11?

FyaBoy
FyaBoy Member Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Hey guys, im hoping someone can help me. I've spent 3+ hours trying to get my Komplete Audio 6 to work. First let me explain the current symptoms.

Windows can see my device as an audio output (WMD). I can change from main output to output 3/4 and the lights on my device change to reflect this. I can play some music, the output signal lights up as if it is passing audio to my speakers, but it is not. The "komplete audio control panel" in the taskbar shows nothing is connected yet when i open the "komplete audio control panel" from my start menu, it shows that it's up and working. Both of these programs have the same name, one is not detecting my device (this one has an NI logo) and the other is detecting my device, this one has a speaker logo.

What I've done:

Installed like 40 other drivers, when i check device manager, it seems to always be going back to generic sound device. Each time I uninstall the drivers, I restart.

unplugged, replugged, uninstalled everything "komplete", uninstalled all drivers, reinstalled drivers.

Tested speakers via aux

If anyone had any ideas or has encountered this and fixed it please let me know.

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Do you use the 4.2.0 driver version? Try to go to the device manager, uninstall the device, if it's asking for removing drivers too say yes and reinstall the drivers.

• FyaBoy

Hey bud thanks for the response, I tried 3.0.0, 3.0.3, and currently have the 4.2.0.99 driver installed. Windows recognizes it, ableton recognizes it, komplete audio control panel recognizes it, when i play music the output light flashes with the music. But still no sound. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled old drivers with compatibility, etc. Sitting at the latest drivers now and absolutely no sound.

• Uwe303

Are your speakers connected correctly, you described that the level indicator (on the interface?) is working so audio is coming to the interface for sure. Maybe try with headphones, you have a switch on front to select between 1/2 or 3/4 as source for headphones. What cables do you use for your speakers and how exactly do you have connected them?

• FyaBoy

So i actually just tried this on my old computer that the mk1 was configured to and it did not work and displayed the exact same symptoms. Im beginning to feel like it is a hardware or firmware issue on the mk1. Ive tried all outputs to multiple different speakers and headphones as well as different cables, and a computer i know worked with this device a year ago and neither have been touched since. It seems when i put it in storage (temp controlled indoor) for an extended amount of time it just stopped working

• Uwe303

Mhh ok then it seems to be defective, you've tried all - i guess another USB cable too?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @FyaBoy how did it go after running a firmware update you got from our support team?