Fixed velocity for a synth

dumbrabbit
dumbrabbit Member Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2022 in Building With Reaktor

Hey folks,

I have a basic subtractive synth. Env->Osc->Filter->Out. I was wondering if it's possible to have a fixed velocity setting? What would code look like for that? Been looking all over for this but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

Answers

• Big Gnome
    Big Gnome Member Posts: 27 Helper

There are a few ways to do this, but I usually favor patching the gate signal into a NOT module, and from the lower output thereof (the one labeled "Not") into whatever I want to make velocity-insensitive. The way this works is, the gate signal is being treated as a logical signal through a NOT gate whereby signals greater than 0 are logically inverted to low (i.e., 0) and less than/equal to 0 are inverted to high (i.e., 1); and then this value is NOT'ed again, so you end up with a 1 when you hit a key and a 0 when you release. (And of course 0-1 is ridiculously easy to scale if you need, but in for these sorts of applications, I'm usually after a full on/full off behavior).

• dumbrabbit
    edited May 2022

So,

Midi-Gate ->Logic NOT. NOT Port->Gate on ADSR Env? Am I reading that correct?

Just tried it and didn't work.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

You can hook in a value module. Send MIDI gate to trg and a favor value to the port below.

• dumbrabbit
    edited May 2022

Any chance of a picture of a diagram with the value module? I just tried it and it sounds like an echo.

Gate->Trigger(top port) value module, constant -> bottom port (value module), ->G (ADSR Env), correct?

• dumbrabbit

This is what I did:

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 295 Advisor
  • dumbrabbit

Meant to reply earlier, worked like a charm. Thanks!