Is it possible to reassign Traktor Z2 filters ?

llcoolgee
llcoolgee Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Afternoon all. Is there a way to reassign/te-map the main filters (the ones below the "low" knob, on each channel)? I've never liked them, so would like to see if I could use for a different function or different filter.

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,733 mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Check out 'Preferences-->Mixer-->Filter Type'; you can select between Z (standard), Ladder (strongly coloured) and Xone (very clean).

If you don't want to use any channel filter, you can remap the knob to something like Pan (left right) via the assignment tables. Or use it for eq.low and remap the Low Knob to eq.midlow after switching the equalizers to Xone (4band).

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod
    Answer ✓

Traktor Pro 3 offers different filter type of effects. You can use my personal mapping to select them.

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/8883

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,733 mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Check out 'Preferences-->Mixer-->Filter Type'; you can select between Z (standard), Ladder (strongly coloured) and Xone (very clean).

If you don't want to use any channel filter, you can remap the knob to something like Pan (left right) via the assignment tables. Or use it for eq.low and remap the Low Knob to eq.midlow after switching the equalizers to Xone (4band).

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod
    Answer ✓

Traktor Pro 3 offers different filter type of effects. You can use my personal mapping to select them.

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/8883

• llcoolgee
    llcoolgee Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks guys, I'll have a look. To further expand on my "dislike" of the standard HP/LF filter is because of the very noticeable change of sound - notably bottom end - when slightly past the 12 o'clock position. I'd actually be quite happy with what the filter did if the effect wasn't so pronounced. Can the sensitivity be changed?

Again, thanks in advance