Old MK1 Maschine compatible with Maschine+ software/license?

rottencat
rottencat Member Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

I have two Maschines, one old MK1 without a license and one brand new Maschine+ with a license. Assuming I will activate Maschine+ license on my NI account, will I be able to use old MK1 or the license is "tied" to a specific model (in this case, the newer version)?

My situation is that I would like to use the old MK1 and keep the new Maschine+ untouched in a shelf.

Best Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yes, you may use MK1 with Maschine 2 SW and Komplete Select (bundle) - or whatever is bundled to M+.

The only question is, if MK1 will run on your computer. If you are on Win, there will not be probably any problem (at least up to Win10, not sure about Win11). If you are on Apple, I do not know... It seems to me that Apple is much more prone to incompatibilies.... MK1 is legacy for 10 years or so....

• rottencat
    Answer ✓

I can report that the Windows 7 driver installed under Win11. Also the latest 2.15.0 Maschine software recognized the Maschine (MK1) controller (checkmarked under Controllers tab) + I have all the lights and menus on and both software and hardware seems to interact with each other. Nice.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

Yes, you may use MK1 with Maschine 2 SW and Komplete Select (bundle) - or whatever is bundled to M+.

The only question is, if MK1 will run on your computer. If you are on Win, there will not be probably any problem (at least up to Win10, not sure about Win11). If you are on Apple, I do not know... It seems to me that Apple is much more prone to incompatibilies.... MK1 is legacy for 10 years or so....

• rottencat

Thanks, I am on Win11, will give a try.

• Kubrak

Just plug MK1 in and you will see. It might work on Win11, but it is not on NI compatibility list. Yet.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405775906193-Windows-11-Compatibility-News

• rottencat
    Answer ✓

I can report that the Windows 7 driver installed under Win11. Also the latest 2.15.0 Maschine software recognized the Maschine (MK1) controller (checkmarked under Controllers tab) + I have all the lights and menus on and both software and hardware seems to interact with each other. Nice.