NI GUI of software, not adapted to retina screens?

pet
pet Member Posts: 18 Member
edited January 2022 in Tech Talks

hi

I wonder, why the NI gui (graphical user interface) of the NI software, I downloaded today, (kontakt player, complete kontrol) is still not adapted to retina hi-res screens like MacBook Pro etc.., as laptops with retina resolution are sold since years (8 or 10 years?) also the text size is still very small, hard to read, and not size-fluid adaptable, like dragging window and resizing it, not possible. I can resize the font, I know, its still tiny.

is there a general plan or explanation? I am kind of surprised

- text and logos are not sharp, like other softwares

- window sizes are not expandable to full screen, in fact they are a bit expandable, but for example I cannot resize the kontakt player to fully fit my 32" screen.

I used native instrument software 10 years ago, and made a long pause.

today I bought the S88, Komplete and downloaded all products.

it seems to me, the GUI hasn't changed much since 10 years.

Comments

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

This is an often discussed and requested feature. NI is aware of the issue as well. We're just waiting on NI now.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

I used native instrument software 10 years ago, and made a long pause.

today I bought the S88, Komplete and downloaded all products.

it seems to me, the gui hasn't changed much since 10 years.

Yeah it is one of the most requested features I recon, especially with Komplete Kontrol to be able to resize the window which is fixed and as monitors and resolutions become larger the GUI appears smaller and smaller. Been at least 6 years of waiting so far and it's not like it hasn't been highly requested.

Just need to keep banging on the drum and asking for this, the more that make noise maybe we might see some change before the sun implodes

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 211 Advisor

At least some kind of one click pixel doubling scheme would be welcome as stop gap.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

I've just put my hand up on another thread so might as well here as well. Really the only thing we all need to hear is why the deafening silence on this issue. Im sure Im not the only one getting a back ache leaning over to see the tiny print.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

Hey everyone,

We already have a thread discussion scalable UI. Please head there if you want to participate in this conversation: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/169/please-make-all-uis-scalable

This discussion has been closed.