Next hardware release?

Dj.sina.azar
Dj.sina.azar Member Posts: 7 Member

Does anyone know when the new device (controller) will be introduced? New s8 or s9?

Comments

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 201 Advisor

S9 is trademarked already for DJ hardware.

The ni naming convention is “Product - Type - MK#”

What would you like to see in a new controller?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

They said they are working on new hardware. But we don't know what it is or when it will be released.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

It is drum + effect module. That's what they said.

Nobody will tell you what it is exactly there are NDA's.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

New hardware wouldn't be shared until release. The Traktor team mentioned they are working on something but we won't be able to say until announcement.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

Yes, Drum machine in software / traktor.

But they also said they are working on new hardware.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

I expect wall-to-wall changes in ALL hardware offerings from NI that embrace a new unified approach.

The different NI production environments have enough overlap that they should work together seamlessly with clean foundational code, and re-conceptualized under a new paradigm of what the NI music-making universe needs to be going forward.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I had a dream and in that dream NI has glued six iPads to create iPad NI Unified BOX. Cosmos for whatever anyone has ever needed or dreamed of.

• Kubrak

Oct 5th 2098

• nightjar

That later date is for the reopening of the Mars Music store chain.

• Sedat Senguel
    Sedat Senguel Member Posts: 19 Member

Hahhaa...@Kubrak and @nightjar you guys made my day ;-)

Well since we speak of dreaming. I dreamed of a Maschine Plus MK2 with a more powerful ARM chip (something like the M1 (Pro/Max/Ultra)) and the possibility/modularity of an extra screen that could be "closed like a laptop cover on the other two displays....which maybe could be touch displays... ;-) .....well maybe I have to make some fancy looking 3D renders and send them to the NI team.... ;-)

Have a nice weekend y'all!

• Kubrak

M+ would suite stronger CPU and more RAM. I doubt it will be ARM, and I am pretty sure it will not be M1 or succesors as Apple does not sell them. And they would be pretty expensive anyway.

AMD based x86 CPU would do better job than M1 CPU. Third display would make M+ too expensive, but ability to attach tablet (iPad/android) could work....

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

NI’s next hardware release needs to be a battle mixer a La DJM-S11/Reloop Elite/Rane.

Just to bring them up to speed with the rest of the players.

Stems, Remix Decks, S5, S8 were all great, but essentially ahead of the game, so they never gained traction. So, the focus went away from Traktor, and Serato got the Open Format crowd, and Pioneer got the night club/dance music crowd.

• afrogrit
    afrogrit Member Posts: 57 Helper

I would suggest maximising or optimising what we have now like Ableton Push 2 . . . please

• nightjar

Future NI hardware needs to focus entirely of optimizing the quality and placement of components that receive human motor skill interaction.

Any upper-level processing of this performance data needs to be separate from these relatively "dumb" controller devices. This would make them more affordable, yet retain high quality of mechanical aspects.

And the development cycle of software/display could move forward like a rocket ship!