NI S88 MK 1 and Controller Editor not working

Hylton Mowday
Hylton Mowday Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Just today without any updates or upgrades (that I am aware of), Controller Editor has stopped working with my S88 MK1. I am running OS 12.13.1 and have not had a problem. Now they're not talking to each other, I can't change the pitch bend and Mod strip to a controller of my choice!?. I have some Controller Templates for different genres (Orch, electro etc) and they do not wish to load. I have always connected in the past with Komplete Kontrol S-1 without a problem. It still seems to be connecting but I cant change templates. I uninstalled it and upon re-installation my S88 came up with a previous template but after 15 minutes, it defaulted to a generic one and I can't change it again. The S88 certainly appears in Audio/MIDI and works find in Logic. I should add that the Controller Editor version is 2.6.2

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

There seems to be a known issue - let's hope native will fix it soon. As far as I am aware that file that causes it can also be installed/updated with other software. And there was a CE update but you can only try it. I can ask what the exact status is now

Uwe

• Hylton Mowday

Thanks Uwe, so for the meanwhile I just wait?

• Uwe303

yeah you can just wait for now - sorry

Uwe

• Hylton Mowday

Thank you for the update

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Hylton Mowday pls keep an eye on this post here - and you can download a temporary version of CE there as well.

• Hylton Mowday

Thank you will do!

• Hylton Mowday

Sadly, still not working. I have reinstalled several times and rebooted. No luck

• Uwe303

Have you installed CE without the controller being connected, cause you should do it that way.

Uwe