What is causing a high pitched noise on output?

Options
2»

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,805 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Bill Batska

Well, few latest Intel CPUs' families are disaster. No, wonder Intel is in red numbers.....

Often, it helps to switch off efficiency cores....

• Ukra
    Ukra Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi, I feel like i havé exactly The Same problem as you and I would like if you could explain where you disabled CPU C States but left Intel speed Shift.

i didn’t quite understand you’re explaining but I would really apreciate if you could rexplain you’re situation.

• Toxicaudio
    Toxicaudio Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

You can change the settings in the BIOS of your PC. Enter the BIOS and locate the tab „Chipset“.

• Elliott Brun
    Elliott Brun Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Is the pitch something close to inaudible? I found on cold startup, my Z2 mixer does this, and sounds like a old tube TV indeed. It slowly gets higher until almost inaudible but its disappointing to think this mixer could be freaking out dogs or something. Wondering if its about to die. I generally leave the mixer on for weeks on end and can't usually hear it.

Or is it like a scratchy hiss that changes with things like keypress? That could be due to incorrect power pull from many devices on a USB hub. I found a similar odd sqeaking and always thought it was a particular device, and blamed my NI Z2 mixer. I then found it goes away when

1) using the power source for a device that can be powered by USB

or

2) using a powered USB hub