Komplete Audio 6 Mk2 Gain Meters and Levels problems

Options

When tracking e-bass, I try to adjust the gain level on the KA6 Mk2 but I need to lower the gain on the KA6 Mk2 quite a lot. It needs to be set to almost no gain (or or the knob may be turned by no more than one quarter), else I clip and there is no signal anymore.

In Studio One I have a strong signal but on the interface, I barely have the level lights moving...?

The settings on the bass are all set to normal.

Whats is wrong?

Tagged:

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

Does the bass have active electronics? are you in instrument or Line mode? Have you tried both instrument inputs to rule out one being an issue? Mac or Win?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Options

Make sure that 'INST' is selected if you're playing a Guitar or Bass. This is not a Line signal like synths or drum machines.

• ManniderLibero
    ManniderLibero Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for the replies.

The input is set to instrument and I tried both instrument inputs. It is Win but I do not think it is a software issue.

The bass (Marcus Miller M2) has active electronics but it makes no difference if the bass switch is on active or passive mode.

I thought that there might be an issue with the cable but it is an unbalanced mono cable that works perfect with a normal amp.

I had found this other post in the old forum. Apparently the same problem:

Komplete Audio 6 Mk2 Meters and Levels problems | NI Community Forum (native-instruments.com)

It is really weird, especially that it clips so fast if I turn the gain knop by a quarter at the most.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Options

Does moving the switch to Input / Host change anything?