GR6 How to toggle between containers (using foot pedal)?

Stuart Park
Stuart Park Member Posts: 26 Member
edited April 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi

I am using GR6 with an FCB1010 foot pedal. I want to be able to easily switch between 2 different "racks" (within the same preset) with a single foot pedal action. I'm aware that I could do this by switching between 2 presets but I find there is an unacceptable delay when doing so which would not be practical when performing.

I have a single preset set up with 2 containers - each of which has its own set of components. So I'd like to find a way of switching one container off and the other on with a single footswitch tap. Might I be able to achieve this using a Split Mix (or other) tool component somehow?

I don't particularly want each container to go through a separate stereo channel nor do I want any splitting based on frequency. Essentially I just want an A/B switch - send signal through path A or through path B.

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

first you switch a macro to button mode by right clicking and select it, then you drag and drop this to the power buttons of both containers, then you have to grab those 2 marked triangles (pic on the bottom) and swithch positions on the second one, so the upper triangle is then left and vice versa

Uwe

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

first you switch a macro to button mode by right clicking and select it, then you drag and drop this to the power buttons of both containers, then you have to grab those 2 marked triangles (pic on the bottom) and swithch positions on the second one, so the upper triangle is then left and vice versa

Uwe

• Stuart Park

Thank you for the reply. I don't fully understand the marked triangles part but I'll attempt this tomorrow and see how far I get.

• Uwe303

You see the marked triangles under the right "container on/off" label, one over one under the yellow line.

Uwe

• Stuart Park

Thanks again. Yes I see them now. I was too busy looking at triangles elsewhere and those ones were small (especially on my phone) so I missed them. I will report back. Looks hopeful!

• Stuart Park

Excellent! Thank you so much. That's just what I wanted. What I had not realised was that you could assign the same macro button to 2 separate controls. I confess I also had no idea what those arrows meant!