Best DAW for working with Native Instruments

Options

Is there a DAW that works best with Native Instruments products- Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol, etc.?

I have only every had/tried Reaper and it seems to freeze a lot, although I found a fix for that, I'm not sure it's an ideal fix.... and there are other quirks with it.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a DAW that works better than others for NI?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,950 Guru
    Options

You can try ProTools, LogicPro, or my favorite and least crashy, from my experience, Cakewalk, which is free!

• shannonsmith
    shannonsmith Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Hi thank you

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,950 Guru
    Options

No problem.

Let me know how it went with each DAW.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Options

I can't say I had problems with NI products in Ableton Live

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,085 mod
    Options

For what it's worth then the 'Kontrol' keyboards comes with an Ableton Live 11 Lite license (which makes one suppose that at least Ableton Live would work nicely). But I am aware of some here that use Cubase and they are most likely happy with that also (though I couldn't say for sure)..

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,032 Guru
    Options

Studio One v6.x is flawless - as usual - with all NI products.

And v6.5 had an update to support the new MKIII controllers and KKv3 - does not get any better than this.

VP

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 369 Pro
    Options

Hehe, this topic comes up once every year here at least. 😉

I think the only thing to consider is NI's hardware which doesn't work with every DAW (the Komplete Kontrol keyboards - need to be supported by the DAW to have enhanced functionality which is listed in the keyboard's manuals). Apart from that, any DAW really.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,812 mod
    edited April 28
    Options

If you have a Kontrol MkIII I would say Bitwig with the Moss extension without a doubt. You get much more comprehensive control of the DAW and plugins (either via Komplete Kontrol or using Bitwig device maps) and Bitwig's own instruments and effects (with everything automapped to the controller for Bitwig native devices) than in any other DAW. The only other DAW that comes close would be Reaper which also has a MOSS extension, although it isn't as capable and you don't get the neat device mapping system Bitwig offers which works so well with the Kontrol keyboards.