Kontakt 7 Full Version /. Sonoma

Options
The Whistler
The Whistler Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited December 2023 in Kontakt

Hi - I found out after updating my Mac to Sonoma that it isn’t compatible with Kontakt 7. 😡😡

How long is it likely to take for NI to sort this issue as I can’t use the product ?? Weeks / months ?

I appreciate it’s a difficult question to answer.

Many thanks

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,276 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

It's not been announced as compatible but a lot of products seem to work ok. I've run K7 on an Intel mac with Sonoma and it's fine and I'm pretty sure other users have it working as well on M-series Macs. What problems are you having?

-- Mike

• The Whistler
    Options

Many thanks Mike.

Libraries load OK but Player will not load. Permanently showing “Repair” message.

Spent a long time with an Apple technician who was very familiar with NI and he couldn’t sort it !

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@The Whistler Can you post screenshots of the error message in Kontakt? I imagine that by "repair" you mean the repair button in Native Access? Did you install your Kontakt libraries on an external hard drive? What's the format of that drive?

• The Whistler
    Options

Hi - thanks for your response. I’ll get back to you later today.

All the best.

The Whistler

• kreisbed
    kreisbed Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I have had numerous issues with the new software and sent screenshots and screen videos to Alexandre in tech support. The tech support ended with him letting me know that Sonoma wasn’t supported and the best option was to wait for NI to erase a compatible version of their products. It would have been great to have this resolved at the time of the release of the new software and keyboard controller that I purchased, but I am trying to be patient. What would be helpful is to have a realistic timeline for releasing the compatible software. That doesn’t seem like too much to ask.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@kreisbed I checked your ticket from last November. Since then we identified a bug where Logic crashes with Kontakt 7 and the MK3 keyboard connected. There is a workaround but, unfortunately the workaround will not work on Sonoma.

In the meantime you should be able to use the Komplete Kontrol plug-in in Logic without crashes, at least until the issue is fixed in Kontakt 7 and/or it gets Sonoma support.

• Ballyhoo
    Ballyhoo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm joining this thread. I just updated my Intel Mac to Sonoma 14.4.1 and it has significant problems with Kontakt. A Logic file that worked without a problem before the update doesn't properly load anymore. Now Kontakt asks for the Spitfire Albion NEO instrument. I point it to the Albion folder in the same place it was before the update. It starts the loading process and never finishes it. After 30 mins I give up and try Horizon Leads. The same thing happens. I launch Native Access and both instruments are authorized. NA thinks everything is OK.

Also, with the View set to 100% I'm unable to see the Keyboard. If I set the View to 75% In can see the Keyboard but I'm unable to expand the view and see the Keyboard.

I re-installed Kontakt. No luck.

Any thoughts?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Ballyhoo Just to confirm, are you using the latest version of Kontakt, 7.9?

Is it happening with only one project and this Spitfire library? Can you load this Spitfire instrument in Kontakt in standalone? Where is this library installed? On an external hard drive? What is the format of the drive?

Regarding the keyboard and the scaling, I can't reproduce the issue. What monitor do you have and with which settings?