S88 mk3 shipping delay?

Options
Ari21
Ari21 Member Posts: 18 Member

I pre-ordered the s88 mk3 and I was expecting it to be shipped around the end of October. However after I reached out to customer support I got an email saying there’s shipping delays and I won’t be getting towards the end of November. I was wondering if the shipping delay happened to everyone else and if it happened to the other mk3 models.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey all, some news regarding the S88 mk3 pre-orders made through NI:

• S88's are arriving early / mid December
    • All preorders are being prioritised!
    • European preorders will be fulfilled / shipped around Dec 11th
    • Americas preorders can ben fulfilled/ shipped around Dec 13th

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,338 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

If you take a look in the forum then there have been a lot of posts from people having had problems with first and foremost updating the firmware and that even some of the official N.I: advice have included people having to buy an USB-C hub to be able to try updating the firmware on their devices that appear to have been shipped with so low a version number of firmware that you would think it beta versions.

So maybe N.I. just reconsidered their course of actions and to spare you and others a lot of grief then they might have decided to actually make the keyboards work a little better prior to shipping them. Anyway , rather than being unhappy then maybe appreciate that N.I. appear to have the will to try to mend the stuff prior to shipping it to you and other users !

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    Options

Yep.. perhaps a calculation of the cost of unpacking and updating initial firmware vs cost of trying to solve in the customers hands.

• Ari21
    Options

I wasn’t aware they were fixing firmware issues. I thought the people speaking of them were those who got their keyboards shipped before release. But I feel better now knowing they’re fixing the problem.

• ini4
    ini4 Member Posts: 25 Helper
    Options

I ordered my S88 mk3 on September 13th and got the same message about shipping being delayed until end of November. 🤷‍♂️

• PoorFellow
    Options

That is me guessing , nothing confirmed, but yes let us hope that they will fix N.I. will fix issues prior to shipping !

• smcolw
    smcolw Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I also received a delay due to "very high demand and an additional delay." If there is a firmware problem, NI wasn't completely honest in their communication. My complaint, though, is with my credit card getting charged before shipment. If a business asks me to prepay, I fully expect for them to deliver the purchase as they promised.

Could you imagine planning a prepaid cruise and having the cruise company changing your dates because of "very high demand?"

• PoorFellow
    edited October 2023
    Options

The description "an additional delay" can cover just about anything. Also there are a lot of difference between 'not being honest' and then N.I. maybe not being very forthcoming with respect to details in their communication with you !

But of course , I agree , N.I. ought not charge peoples C.C. prior to actually shipping the item !

• Ari21
    Options

I will say I am still very excited about the keyboard and can’t wait to get my hands on it. Although I was thinking it’d be nice if they were to give an extra instrument or something like that for people the pre-ordered their products. It would definitely make more sales and I’d personally get it for that “limited edition” instrument. But yea, excited about the keyboard!

• Ari21
    Options

Yea, I ordered mine mid September but they said they would ship them out ending November. I’m yet to get an email from NI on any updates for the keyboard. A little disappointed but I understand those issues aren’t resolved in a single day. But I still think they should ship them out before the month is over. Anyone get an email shipment? My order status still says in progress.

• PoorFellow
    edited November 2023
    Options

The N.I. ordering page still says that the S88 is out of stock . With four days to go it is impossible to say if the S88 will ship by the end of November. I mean I could be negative and just say no. But we still do not know if N.I. have been overly optimistic with respect to the shipping date or not ! And even if the page still says out of stock by the 30th of November then for all I know then N.I. could still be sending the first stock out to those that already ordered. However, then the most positive way of taking things would be that even if they do not ship by end of November then they will ship as soon as they can deliver and it's still far better to wait a little longer than to get something not working. Then let us all just hope that there will be no major problems with the keyboards when you in fact do get them !

• Ari21
    Options

I think it’d be reasonable to think they will send out an email IF they’re not able to ship by the end of the month. I hope I get a shipping confirmation rather than an email explaining how much longer it’ll take. Im not ignorant to the issues NI is dealing with but rather eager to get my hands on the s88.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 271 Pro
    Options

sweetwater said would arrive by xmas, even with early preorder. got the 61, just waiting on the 88

• Ari21
    Options

Yea I preordered mine as well, but I still haven’t gotten an email. Today Thursday is the last day of the month. I’m really hoping they send shipping details or at least an update on the situation. But it’s interesting that SweetWater was able to clarify a date for you. I wonder if that’s the same if it was bought directly from NI. I guess we will hope and see 🤞🏼.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey all, some news regarding the S88 mk3 pre-orders made through NI:

• S88's are arriving early / mid December
    • All preorders are being prioritised!
    • European preorders will be fulfilled / shipped around Dec 11th
    • Americas preorders can ben fulfilled/ shipped around Dec 13th

• Ari21
    Options