Create attribute-searchable User Sound Folder in Massive?

Options
Davoodi
Davoodi Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi!

I have programmed loads of sounds in Massive, and i'd like to have them all in a folder which is shown in the database view of the browser, because i would like to be able to search them by attributes.

It's no problem at all to store my sounds in a User folder which appears in filetree view, but this folder unfortunately doesn't show up in database view. In filetree view, search by attributes is not possible.

How do i do it? Thank you in advance for useful hints.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,054 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

you can do that by opening up the patches one by one, so open your first patch from browser, go to attributes and fill out the meta information, and click Type, Sub Type and mode as you want it to be for that patch, then click save in the upper area. If you do that again you will now see a new Bankname, the one you´ve entered, so do it over and over again. At the end you go to file/options/browser and add the folder where your presets are and click Rebuild DB. I just put all my stuff in the folder that is there set automatically but i don´t have thousands of own patches. So after that in my case i had under browser a new entry at the bottom of the Bankname list "My own Patches" and if i select it i see now my own patches and can sort them further.

Uwe

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,054 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

you can do that by opening up the patches one by one, so open your first patch from browser, go to attributes and fill out the meta information, and click Type, Sub Type and mode as you want it to be for that patch, then click save in the upper area. If you do that again you will now see a new Bankname, the one you´ve entered, so do it over and over again. At the end you go to file/options/browser and add the folder where your presets are and click Rebuild DB. I just put all my stuff in the folder that is there set automatically but i don´t have thousands of own patches. So after that in my case i had under browser a new entry at the bottom of the Bankname list "My own Patches" and if i select it i see now my own patches and can sort them further.

Uwe

• Davoodi
    Davoodi Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Amazing, Uwe, thank you so much. Works perfectly!