Is there a more official download location for NI's Support Tool?

ShelLuser
ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
edited March 2022 in Social Club

Hi gang!

Say, I'm currently working with NI Support to get to the bottom of why several 3rd party NKS compliant Kontakt instruments keep disappearing from Maschine's library. So basically... while I should have 10 instruments I always end up with 6 in Maschine, while Komplete Kontrol does retain all 10 instruments no matter what.

To this end Alfredo from NI asked me to download and run NI's support tool which can gather information from my computer which he can then use to verify my settings and such. This is of course perfectly fine were it not for the fact that he pointed me to a Google drive location where I could download this tool.

My problem with this is that there's no way for me to verify that this tool actually originated from Native Instruments:

A such my question: is there a more official download location by any chance?

Please note: I'm not trying to insinuate that people are sharing "strange links" or such, absolutely not, but I do think it's important that us customers get a way to verify this for ourselves.

Maybe you could put this up on your official website or something?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @ShelLuser @Jojo123 Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that. I will share to our customer care team. There is definitely room for improvement for our support tool journey. One of the reasons we use Google Drive is that it's really flexible, we can upload, change files as frequently as needed.

Answers

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

Hey Shel,

My problem with this is that there's no way for me to verify that this tool actually originated from Native Instruments

I agree that is not optimal and I felt reluctance when I had to use google to download the Cremona Quartet that way.

For the support tool maybe you could request support to send you an NI link? When I was working with support last year I was sent a link for Mac, and it wasn't wasn't anything from google. Hovering over the link (Ive obscured the middle part in case Im breaking any rules) it says https://support.native-instruments.com/ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =NI_Support_Tool_Mac.zip.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @ShelLuser @Jojo123 Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that. I will share to our customer care team. There is definitely room for improvement for our support tool journey. One of the reasons we use Google Drive is that it's really flexible, we can upload, change files as frequently as needed.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

And Google is probably also faster for bulk downloads like Cremona Quartet.

But I agree, that it would be better to download Support Tool, drivers and generally all executables from NI Site, than from Google Disc.