Piano Roll / Keyboard view Features

ben.t.m
ben.t.m Member Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2023 in Maschine

I don't think this is possible but if it is, I'd like to know. When looking at a piano roll in the software, the grid lines make it difficult to know where you are in keyboard, no clear division for octaves from C, middle C etc. So if I need to correct some of my notes after playing it's a bit more arduous then I'd like. Also, would be great to be able to trigger then sound when moving it onto another note or by clicking on the piano key.

Thanks,

Ben

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @ben.t.m You can minimize or maximize the view by drag & dropping on the left. There are numbers on certain keys to see where you are and you can play the notes on the keys on the softyware and it will trigger sounds

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

You can click the vertical virtual keyboard like Jeremy said but Maschine has no note preview when dragging a note around, or note names in the rectangles; wish it did tho.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @ben.t.m You can minimize or maximize the view by drag & dropping on the left. There are numbers on certain keys to see where you are and you can play the notes on the keys on the softyware and it will trigger sounds

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

You can click the vertical virtual keyboard like Jeremy said but Maschine has no note preview when dragging a note around, or note names in the rectangles; wish it did tho.