Updates offered in Native Access - Does NA check system compatibility?

MG13
MG13 Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi, newbie question here.

[Start of long introduction]

I recently bought an M32 to go along with my Maschine Mikro Mk3. It was supposed to come with Komplete Kontrol, so I checked the KK system requirements to see if I could run it on my ageing (but still going strong...) iMac running 10.15.7 Catalina, that can't be updated to a newer MacOS.

According to the website it should run fine, so I bought it, registered it, and started to download and install all the software. This went smoothly.

However, I noticed that the KK version installed was 2.8.0 (and now updated to 2.8.1), and according to the release notes this version requires at least MacOS 11.

So far, this version of KK runs fine on my Mac. But to avoid problems in the future due to incompatible software:

[End of long introduction]

Does Native Acces check whether the updates offered are compatible with your system, or do you have to check yourself before running an update? And if so, what is the best strategy for that?

Thanks,

MG13

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

NA checks if given plugin is compatible with OS and if not it does not show it at all. Maybe it does not work 100%, it may happen. On the other side, that some OS is not supported by given version does not mean it does not run well.... It just has not been tested.

I have installed several plugins that were according to NI for newer OS versions and NA did not offer to install it.... And it run just fine. But I speak about Win, no experience with Mac.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

NA checks if given plugin is compatible with OS and if not it does not show it at all. Maybe it does not work 100%, it may happen. On the other side, that some OS is not supported by given version does not mean it does not run well.... It just has not been tested.

I have installed several plugins that were according to NI for newer OS versions and NA did not offer to install it.... And it run just fine. But I speak about Win, no experience with Mac.