Original Massive expansions?

Acidizer
Acidizer Member Posts: 24 Member
edited January 2023 in Maschine

Since there are no expansions for the original Massive, and Maschine+ does not run Massive X are there any 3rd party "expansions" for the original Maschine that I could load into the software then those presets would show up in M+?

Is this possible, has anyone done it yet, if so any recommendations?

Why does Maschine+ not support Massive X? Is it too slow?

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Actually there are some Massive specific expansions, at least three I think.

Plus there are anywhere from 5 to 50 Massive presets in most of the 100+ Maschine expansions, all compatible with M+ (except one). Also assorted presets for Monarch, Prism and DrumSynth all compatible with M+ too. Also multi-sampled "instruments" are often included too. (The full description page for each expansion lists all of these.)

Unfortunately no, Massive X is not compatible with M+ and is unlikely to ever be because it is a much more processor intensive and complex synth that the hardware can support.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

There were several NI expansions for Massive - Massive Threat, Massive Expansion 1 and 2, Urban Arsenal 1 and 2, plus the Community drive patches and several Maschine expansions include Massive sounds

Plus a huge amount of third party sounds - some of the best for any synth

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor
    edited January 2023

Expansions | Maschine | Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

In fact, almost every Maschine Expansion has some Massive presets. I only checked three but they all had some.. They are listed on the product page.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Beside the fact that CPU used in M+ is not very strong and MX needs considerable power, MX also needs that CPU supports AVX instruction set and CPU in M+ does not support them, I think.