Mixer Mode Komplete S61MK2 with Ableton Live not active

Options
THOSC
THOSC Member Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I am using Komplete S61MK2 with Windows 11 with Ableton Live Standard 11.2.7 and Steinberg UR22MK2 as audio interface. In the preferences in ableton live is set: Komplete Kontrol S MK2 user interface, Input and Output: Komplete Kontrol DAW-1. Track and Remote are both enabled.

The Mixer Mode of the S61MK2 only becomes active when I restart the computer with the S61MK2 connected. Connecting the midicontroller while the computer is already booted or restarting Ableton Live is not enough for Mixer Mode to become active.

This should not be the case. Am I making a mistake?

Best Answer

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

Post a screenshot of the midi pref page because you do not need any remote/track selected for the daw script port at all.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Also curious to know the behaviour of the keyboard when you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, is it working as expected, even if you connect the keyboard afterwards?

• THOSC
    THOSC Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Thank you for the feedback. Komplete Kontrol opened independently works fine. Here the button "Mixer" is also grayed out, but that will be normal.

Here is a screenshot of the Midi Pref page (in german)

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@THOSC Are you running Komplete Kontrol and Ableton as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

I'm wondering if this issue would have anything to do with power settings, as it seems to work as expected only if you restart the computer with the keyboard connected. Is the keyboard connected directly to a USB port or through a hub? Is this hub powered? Have you tried other USB ports ? Other USB cables?

Can you check your power plan and your fast startup settings like in this article? I know that it's a total different issue on a total different product but it's the only one where this topic is mentioned (last topic)

KOMPLETE AUDIO 1 / 2 / 6 MK2 Audio Issues (Windows)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.