Spitfire's Bernard Herrmann library appears *twice* in Kontakt 7's new browser

Syncopator
Syncopator Member Posts: 21 Member
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

Spitfire's Bernard Herrmann Composer Toolkit appears twice in Kontakt 7's new browser—yet appears only once in the classic browser. (Screenshots below.)

The version that's displayed as "Bernard Herrmann Composer Toolkit" displays an image and has 449 presets that play as expected. But the version that's displayed as "Spitfire Bernard Herrmann" displays NO image and has 302 presets that do NOT play.

I asked NI support about this, and eight days later, I received instructions for fixing missing library artwork—which is NOT the issue that I reported. 🙄

Furthermore, the displayed properties are different for the two versions

It's unclear to me whether this is a Kontakt 7 bug or if Spitfire has somehow compiled this library incorrectly. (I do notice files that appear to be duplicates within the library's folders. Screenshots attached with yellow highlighting.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Syncopator My colleague since then replied to you and is investigating the issue. He should get back to you soon. Could it be that this extra folder would be a relic of an older version or did you get this library just recently? Have you contacted Spitfire Audio about this?

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 21 Member

Thanks for the reply. I've heard from your colleague in NI support, but we don't yet have a definitive explanation.

I purchased the library on 12.28.17 and likely installed it the same day or the next. So, it's possible there could be some relics of an older version.

Your colleague believes there's a later version than I have, yet Native Access has not notified me of any update. I habitually install all updates as soon as I see that they're available

I have not yet contacted Spitfire because this is a new symptom that presents only in Kontakt 7. (I never saw this issue in Kontakt 6 or 5.) So I reached out to Native Instruments first, as it seemed, at least at first, to be a Kontakt-7 issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

I have not yet contacted Spitfire because this is a new symptom that presents only in Kontakt 7. (I never saw this issue in Kontakt 6 or 5.) So I reached out to Native Instruments first, as it seemed, at least at first, to be a Kontakt-7 issue.

It all makes sense. Hopefully my colleagues will get to the bottom of it.