Moving samples to a new location

PantsGod
PantsGod Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Greetings ya'll,

Hoping someone can help me out here. I'm going move all of my stuff to a new SSD external hard drive. My projects all have a ton of one shot samples that are stored in organized folders on the HD. When I move everything to my new HD, Maschine is not going to be able to find the samples.

Anyone know if there is a way to have Maschine find the samples in the new location, without having to manually locate every single one shot in every project?

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

1- Since you're on MacOS just rename your new SSD to the same name as your old HD and keep the same folder structure, as long as those 2 things are the same all software will find the files because the path is the same.

2- No, Maschine does not have an auto-find samples option, your only other way is to hook back the HD and save all your projects with the "save projects with samples" function so option #1 listed above is a much easier way.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

1- Since you're on MacOS just rename your new SSD to the same name as your old HD and keep the same folder structure, as long as those 2 things are the same all software will find the files because the path is the same.

2- No, Maschine does not have an auto-find samples option, your only other way is to hook back the HD and save all your projects with the "save projects with samples" function so option #1 listed above is a much easier way.