How to activate NI licenses on iMac OS X 10.8.5

JM3
JM3 Member Posts: 1 Member

Old iMac crashed in 2015. Used Windows then. Now I got a "new" refurbished iMac that runs with OS X 10.8.5 (I even wanted 10.6.8, just to be sure that the old software will run, especially Logic Express as DAW) Time machine back up tranfer from external hard drive worked well, but NI products are running in demo mode only now.

Looks like there is no Native Access version for OS X 10.8.5 available, so how to activate the licenses on this iMac?

Answers

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 298 Advisor

The problem with NA1 is that it updates itself on launch and the last version doesn’t work tested on windows and Mac . My Traktor 2 version used on my dj laptop cannot be used anymore and is dead now. Could be fixed for cheap but it is pointless now as support has been dropped and what was working has been made unusable which is sad as it is the perfect tool for low budgets families who need to equip their children for schools asking more and more to work from computers and using internet to retrieve homework. The problem is that society watching itself on YouTube or TV thinks that all they see is a life standard when it actually represent a small percentage of world population. It is sad really and real progress should and has to be to maintain standard of what always worked . We are dropping support on society foundations and it gets more and more tragic everyday step by step. Let’s hope the future will bring back conscience that we can can’t drop support on forks, knives, plates etc etc . Authorizing software is just a tiny registry file and it is not a huge effort to implement solutions to maintain what worked and I an personally more and more upset to hear about pretended HUGE costs involved in doing so . Seems to me that the cost of not doing it was huge and is going to remain so going in that direction again. Just a thought. Feel free to publish or not as usual .

Happy new year and all the best for 2023

wishing a successful year with huge profits