Kontakt will not keep retain correct file path

jeffn1
jeffn1 Member Posts: 19 Sine
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

I am in the process of duplicating my Gig Performer set up (with Kontakt at the center) on a new laptop.

I am doing my best to keep sample libraries in the same folders (to avoid learning/dealing with symbolic links). I want to be able to save a Gig file on one computer and use it to the other computer (all software and sample libraries should be the same)

On my "old" laptop, my (for example) Scarbee Mark I library is in a folder called "Scarbee Mark I"

On my new laptop I initially reinstalled the library into the default folder, which is "Scarbee Mark I Library"

In Kontakt, it went to the wrong folder ("Scarbee Mark I Library"). Again I need the paths to be exactly the same.

So, I located the correct folder ("Scarbee Mark I") and I confirmed that I wanted to make the change permanent.

But, whenever I reopen Kontakt, it does not load this library (this is happening with Vintage Organs too). It still defaults to the path "Scarbee Mark I Library". So, I try to correct it again and it keeps on reopening to the wrong path.

I tried save "save multi as" and "save as default multi" but that did not seem to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff

Tagged:

Best Answer

  • jeffn1
    jeffn1 Member Posts: 19 Sine
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

    Okay, I think I figured it out. It seems like if you do not write in the product name (e.g., "Scarbee Mark 1") in the final subfolder, Native Access will automatically create a folder "Scarbee Mark 1 Library".

    So, by making sure I wrote in the final folder name (without the word "library" so it is the name as my other laptop) in the path, I think it resolved this issue.

Answers

  • jeffn1
    jeffn1 Member Posts: 19 Sine
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

    Okay, I think I figured it out. It seems like if you do not write in the product name (e.g., "Scarbee Mark 1") in the final subfolder, Native Access will automatically create a folder "Scarbee Mark 1 Library".

    So, by making sure I wrote in the final folder name (without the word "library" so it is the name as my other laptop) in the path, I think it resolved this issue.

Back To Top