Ask me Anything - Drop your question for the Kontakt team

Options
13»

Comments

• PulseCode
    PulseCode Member Posts: 132 Helper
    Options

@Adil_NI Komplete Kontrol(KK) 2.8.1 and vst3 so if I understand it correctly, when one opens kontakt 6 within KK plugin it should open vst3 version of Kontakt 6. which it is doing, but if one is to install kontakt 7, KK will always load kontakt 7 (regardless of load latest plugin checked or unchecked) . Even if there is no library loaded within kontakt..if you load a library KK uses the correct version of kontakt but when you save the project in a DAW and open it back up it's back to kontakt 7. will this bug be fixed soon?

• Adil_NI
    Adil_NI Member Posts: 11 Product Team
    Options

We'd like the improvements we make in products such as Kontakt to become more widely available across the Native Instruments portfolio. The first hint of this can be seen in Massive X and Kontakt 7 (these Browsers share paradigms), and we hope to further widen this throughout 2023.

• will_m
    will_m Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Is there a reason new versions of Kontakt get a new plugin name? A lot of composers I know use large templates with hundreds if not thousands of tracks and these templates have to be rebuilt every time a new version of Kontakt is used. Its a major pain and has stopped me from upgrading.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited December 2022
    Options

Can you make it possible to change the location for third party snapshots as where they are currently causes problems for other NI programmes that can't read them properly? Thanks

• Adil_NI
    Adil_NI Member Posts: 11 Product Team
    edited December 2022
    Options

Going forward, we'd like greater synchronisation between our applications, so that (for example) content that is compatible with multiple applications (e.g. Snapshots in Kontakt, KK, MAS) can seamlessly appear in all places, always up-to-date. Our goal is for there to be minimal manual file path management!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

Hi everyone! We've reached the last day of our KONTAKT AMA and that will be the last question we took for today.

Thank YOU for all the questions that have been submitted over the past five days. And of course massive thanks to @Adil_NI and @Yaron_NI for being here with the community this week. This thread is now closed.

Until next time, happy holidays everyone!

This discussion has been closed.